Her Flaws

She studied her face in the mirror. At a glance, she appeared normal, but to herself, she was far from it. She could pinpoint all the non-existent flaws she believed were real.

Nose too big. Chin too square. Eyes too dull. High cheekbones. Red spots everywhere. Lips too thin. Eyebrows too thick. Forehead too high. Crooked teeth. Neck too big.

She looked down at the rest of her body in the full length mirror. Her skin was bare apart from her bra and underwear. She could point out all the flaws she also believed she had.

Flabby arms. Thunder thighs. Feet too big. Shoulders too broad. Hips too wide. Stomach too big. Chest too small. Bum too big. Collarbones jutting out. All these thing and so many more.

She tore her eyes away from her torturer. She walks to the door and checks that it is locked. Over to the cupboard she goes. As she gets everything prepared, she glances at her wrist. Years of pain are kept on her wrist.

When everything is set up, she pulls on her favourite outfit. The outfit that makes her feel kind of pretty, even though she knows it's not true. Her favourite song of all time is playing so softly in the background, she could barely hear it even though she knows every word.

On top of her bed she stands, leaving a short note she wrote earlier. Pulling the noose around her neck, she can hear the Bananas In Pyjamas theme tune playing from her brother's room.

She takes one last breath. She feels free. And with that, she steps forward.

Her flaws killed her. Her Non-existent flaws.