n i n e

"You are so irratating!" Astrid complains, kicking the side of my thigh.

"Enough. I'm going to fucking crash!" I shout. 

"Why can't you just admit it already."

"Huh?" I act confused. When in reality I knew exactly where she was going with this.

She pouts, pulling both legs up against her chest, resting her chin on each knee.

"Ha, exactly. Nothing to say!"

"Whatever. I just don't want to get you in your feels."

I give her the side eye, glaring at the road. Not a peep came out of our mouths, just the shitty pop music station on the radio. I was quick to turn it off.

"Why are you so denial?"

We came to a red light. I turn my body to get a good glimpse at her.

"Look at me!" I take both of her cheeks in my hand, squishing them tightly together.

"Just because I admit someone is hot, doesn't mean I want them in any way shape or form. Got it?" I let go of her cheeks, stepping on the gas peddle considering it was now green. She rubs the area I had squished, whining at the red marks my fingers had left.

"Fine. If that's how you really feel I guess I'll shut my mouth."

I can't help but giggle. Her lips form into a tight line, turning white. She was trying not to laugh and was failing terribly.

Ever since we ran into Grayson at the café a couple days ago, she's been on my case. As of right now he's just a kid that takes pride in being a total prick. Then again, there's gotta be a soft spot in his beefy body.

Makes it easier for me not to fall asleep on Pornhub. What the hell does that even mean?

You know damn well what that me-- Hush, child.

"Mari!" I snap out of my thoughts, pulling up to my house.

"Your phone's ringing." She holds up my phone, watching as it buzzed in the palm of her own hand. I snatch it from her, looking at the contact number. Martinez.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hello, yes. Mari?" The familiar man speaks, panicking.

"Martinez, what's wrong now."

"Two of our best cooks just quit!"

I move my phone away from my ear, turning down the volume before pressing it back. He was shouting in my ear and I knew Astrid could hear due to the look on her face.

"What do you want me to do?"

"Please, I know you weren't supposed to work today but it is an emergency!"