Our Beginning

Emi's P.O.V

*12 YEARS AGO*

        "Emi don't forget to act mature, and polite, at the ball.  The Kuran's are very important."  My mother lectured me as she pulled my wavy golden locks up into ponytails.    Our family was close friends with the Kuran's.  We are actually considered family to them."Yes mother" I replied and got up, straightening out my dress when she was done.  "We want you to act very mature and polite at the ball.  Lord Kaname is both of these things, and as a purblood you have to have these qualities."  My father said clearly as he lead me to the limousine.  As we were on our way I closed my legs, and crossed my ankles like a polite girl, resting my chin on my hand.  'I'm a pureblood. I have to have these qualities and represent the Tsukyomi name.' I thought looking up at the moon. 

When we reached the Kuran mansion,  a butler and a maid led us into the ball room where the celebration for the young lord's birthday was being held.  While my father and mother led me by the hand toward Lord Haruka and Lady Juri, I could hear faint whispers around me.  Men and women complimenting me on my beauty.  As we made our way towards the respected purebloods, other vampires bowed down to us.  (We're are the 2 most respected pureblood families-  Kurans being the 1st) 

      "Good evening lord Haruka, Lady Juri.  I would like to introduce our daughter, Emi Tsukyomi."  I bowed down to the Kurans. 

"Good evening My Lord.  My Lady.  It is an honor to be at your presence."  When i straightened up Lady Juri was kneeled down to my height. 

"Good evening Emi!  My i love your hair!"  Lady Juri complimented.  I blushed and Haruka broke in. 

"Hikaru, Kazumi! what beautiful daughter you have. I'm sure she will get along great with Kaname.  Shes very polite.Thank you for coming to our son's birthday ceremony." Haruka warmly smiled at us.  "And there he is now!"  He added stretching a hands towards a young boy which everyone made room for in the crowd. 

'Kaname Kuran' I thought.   The boy had dark brown, almost red eyes, and brown hair like Haruka.  He walked up to me and took hold of my hand gently bringing it to his lips.  "Good evening, Lady Emi"  he greeted me before kissing my hand.  He didn't let go of my  my hand and instead we looked at each other as my heart raced. 

"Good evening Lord Kaname.  And Happy birthday!"  I congratulated.  Our parents were observing us until Juri cut in.

" Kaname  spend some time with Emi and show her around."  And she walked away with my mother as they talked about dresses for me.  Our fathers were already having confidential discussion.  Now it was just me and Kaname. 

"May I have this dance?"  He asked breaking the silence.  i smiled an nodded,  while he walked me towards the dance floor.  We danced to slow songs until  after what seemed like an eternity when  Kaname spoke. 

"Emi what do YOU think of my dancing?"  Kaname asked as he twirled me.  I noticed the awestruck crowed around.  \

"You have amazed me Lord Kaname."  He frowned.  "Please,  just refer to me as Kaname.  Dont add the 'Lord.' "  I nodded and repeated myself. 

"you have amazed me. Kaname." 

He smiled and tilted his head "Perfect."  After another song, he stopped dancing and began to lead me outside.  "Come"  I followed him out into the terrace where the sound from the music and constant chatter was barely heard.  We stood under the moonlight in the beautiful night, he was still holding my hand.  "Emi have you made any friends yet?"  He asked staring up at the moon.  I looked at the side of his face. 

"No. I havn't met anyne else aside from your parents and you."  There was a moment of silence and the he spoke again. 

"  Can i have the honor of being your first?"  He asked now looking straight into my eyes.  I smiled and replied. 

"Best friends!"  I nodded, and we looked back up at the moon.  Our fingers intertwined with each other.  "Forever."  He added and I felt my heart skip a beat.  " Forever." I repeated.  We looked at each other and giggled.   

*Present Day*
        It has now been 12 years.  Both our parents are gone.  Kaname and I are now 20 years old and are students at Cross Academy.  Alot can happen in 12 years.  And well. Now, I am madly in love with Kaname Kuran.  My best friend...