Chapter 7

"Cassy, we need to talk." Oh hell no. He grabs onto my arm and looks into my eyes. "Get your hands off me!" I scream. Stunned he lets go, he gives me a soft smile "Cassy. I know what I did took things too far, I want to make up for it" "sure you do. You're a monster. Why should I trust you?" He sighs "I admit I deserve that and honestly trust will take a while after what happened. I want you to pick anything in the world to do and we'll do it. Okay?" "You think that could fix anything ? Well I've been through hell and a little vacation won't fix things." He's about to leave the room in defeat but my mind suddenly came up with a great idea."Wait. Anything?" I ask curious. "Yes anything." "Then I want to go home."
He stands still and emotionless for a moment "fine. Home we shall go, but need I remind you that you cannot run away. We can visit for a maximum of 2 days and you mustn't tell them about this situation." He looks at me for a reply. His rules are strict but somewhat understandable. "Fine, I agree to your terms." With a wide smile he gives me a phone. "This is good for one call to your family. Let them know that we will be visiting and I will be listening on another line." Somewhat excited to finally speak to and see my friends and family, I grab the phone from his hands and roll away.
I decide to phone my dad, he's the person I want to talk to the most. I punch in the numbers.
A deep breath in.
Riiing, riiing. "Hello?" I hear a familiar voice and I break down in tears. "Dad." I say in between sobs. I hear a pause as if he is absorbing the information that it is indeed me. "Cassandra? Is that you?" "Yes of course!" I say with tears still running down my face but I also have a smile. "Cassandra I though you were studying abroad and didn't want to talk to us until you got back. Why are you calling all of a sudden? Did something happen?" The though of what did happen almost slips out. Then I remembered Daniel is listening and I cannot tell my father anything. "No, no I'm fine. I just wanted to ask you if it would be okay for me to visit sometime soon?" "That would be amazing! I need to check the calendar to find a good week but I would love to have you over." "Umm if you could check now that would be great. I would like to just sort out the dates today. You know those crazy plane tickets are becoming more and more of a hassle" I fake laugh. "That's just fine sweetheart, well it seems in two week would be the best for me, what about you?" "That's perfect dad." I smile happily when the door opens loudly and in walks in Daniel. "Darling" he yells dramatically "aren't you going to tell your father that I'll be going with you as well?" I hear coughing from the other line. "Cassandra? Who was that?" I look over the Daniel mouthing the words 'boyfriend'. "Um he's my boyfriend dad. If you don't mind I'll be bringing him along" I gagged out "yes, yes that's fine. Well I have to let you go. I'll be sure to tell everyone you're visiting." "Alright bye" then the line goes dead. I'm disappointed he couldn't realize I was acting strange but he can be so unobservant sometimes. "So he's allowed to call you sweetheart but I can't?" He says looking smug. "He's my dad. It's different" "well you can call me daddy anytime." He says with the biggest grin. "Eeeeewwww" I scream with a flustered red face. He gives me a swift wink "I have some business to attend to. I'll see you later." A breath of relief leaves my mouth.
Later that night wasn't anything special. We had dinner on opposite sides of the room, because I didn't want to sit next to him for obvious reasons. To be honest the next two weeks were pretty uneventful as well. The only real special thing was that I got out of my wheelchair. Mary says I'm healing fast, which is good. Yep, next thing I knew it was the day before going home.
"Cassandra?" I hear a voice calling me. I'm in the games room and well, I'm hiding from Daniel. He's been more persistent lately. He opens the door quickly and forcefully. "I found you" he smiles creepily "you knew you couldn't hide from me" "oh I'm perfectly aware. I just wanted to get away from you for at least a second." "Ouch! That stung" he said putting his hand to his heart "anyways I'll have Mary pack you some clothes for our trip tomorrow, so there's no need to worry about that." "Um okay? Anything else?" He pauses. "Ah yes. Um well I thought we could maybe go shopping quick. You know, we could find you a new dress for seeing your parents. I'll treat everyone at a nice restaurant one evening. I know you have some stuff already but this time you could pick it out. Plus we need to start getting into character. I am acting as your boyfriend, after all."
Wow. He's the most nervous I've ever seen him. Ever. What's wrong with this guy?
"Do I even get a choice?" I ask "not really but I wanted to hear your answer" he grins. "What time are we leaving?" "In an hour, meet me in the entrance then." He walks out then Mary walks in. "Let's go to your room, miss" she says already leading me out the door. She said that I have to look perfect very excitedly. She seems happier today. Odd. "Miss this outfit is so cute! I'll get someone to do your makeup right away!" She walks out practically skipping. Makeup was quick but it looks great. Me and the makeup lady don't really talk that much. So there's nothing to really tell.
I check my clock and see I have 5 minutes which is just enough time to get to the entrance. I stroll throughout the halls almost finding myself happy as well. Most likely because I get to go outside. I'm almost there when I see Asher. He waves frantically at me but I don't give him the time of day. I'm just still mad. I walk right to Daniel, "you look gorgeous today!" "Well you did pick out the outfit" I say "hm? No I didn't. I asked the maid to pick it out." Mary... That's why you were so excited? Because you wanted me to look cute for him? I will get you back for this. "Well shall we get going, darling?" "I guess." I let it slip by. It's for practice anyways. After my visit with my parents I won't let him say those words anymore. Ya that sounds like a plan.
We get into the car and the drive starts. "Cassy?" "What?" "Can we hold hands?" He says with the upmost confidence. "No." "Why?" He says with puppy dog eyes. "Because I don't feel like it" "but we're supposed to be a couple, couples do that." "Maybe later, okay?" "Deal! While we shop you will hold my hand." Ugh. He is such a handful. Suddenly we stop in front of an overly expensive boutique. Daniel gets out first then like a gentleman he opens my door for me. He smiles then grabs my hand and brings me inside. He doesn't let go, I can tell that he's determined to hold my hand as long as possible. This will be a long trip.
"Welcome, Madam and Monsieur" says a man at the entrance. We smile then walk in. Oh wow. This place is so beautiful for such a small building. The dresses are extravagant. Nothing I would wear for just a dinner, probably for something like a ball. I turn to him with my mouth wide open "why don't we start looking" he say while laughing at my expression. We start looking and all he keeps suggesting are mermaid style gowns with more than a couple pieces missing. Don't get me wrong mermaids are gorgeous but I think my dad would have a heart attack if he saw me in one. When we both think it's hopeless I spot a dress hiding in the back. It's a aqua dress that's modest but stunning at the same time. It's classy and not trashy. "This one" I scream with a twinkle in my eye. He chuckles "alright, it's not the sexy one but you'll look beautiful no matter what you wear." I smile at his approval.
We left the shop with the dress in hand. You should've seen my face when I heard the price! I think I almost died. Anyways he told me we didn't have time to stop back at home and that we will be going straight to the airport. Our stuff was apparently already on the plane. "Quickly, follow me" he said griping my hand and moving around all the people. Oh ya. I wanted to go on a normal plane. He insisted we take his jet but then I said that my dad would want to pick me up at the air port and it might be weird if we were in a fancy jet with his name printed on the front. He eventually agreed but we're in first class. Not that I mind that part. "We're going to be late Cassandra, get your head out of the clouds and hurry!" Snapped back into reality we sprint and just make it onto the plane on time. "That was close" I say completely out of breath. He nods in response.
We're in the front of the plane and it's overall nice. We each got a glass of wine and it's like we're those fancy stuck up people laughing and chatting like no ones watching. It is fun but slowly Daniel keeps getting closer. He puts up the arm rest in between us and puts his hand on my lap. He smirks putting his lips to my ear "darling, sweetheart, honey pie, princess, you know what? I think you look really really great today. Like so amazing. You look great every day." My face is a deep red and I'm frozen like a statue. He leans in for what it looks like a kiss. No! Nononono. I push his face away and stand up and yell "STOOOOOP! NO!" Every single person on the plane looks at me like I should be in a mental institution. "I'm sorry everyone, continue on" I say embarrassed and then sit back down. "Wow, you made a scene, that's why you should just kiss me next time." He says chuckling then lays his head on my lap. "I'm going to sleep" he states then dozes off. How long is this plane ride?
When we finally hit the ground and I'm practically jumping out of my seat in excitement. "Alright princess calm down, we still need to get of this thing, then get out bags" "I know" I say smiling "let's go!" I drag him off the plane skipping and singing. I wonder if he's happy too? Probably not. It's not like it's his family. We get out to the baggage area and there I spot my dad. When I saw him I let go of Daniel and ran. I ran like my life depended on it. I jumped into his arms and just cried "I really missed you, dad" "I missed you more, Cassy" he says also shedding a few tears. I let go then I just smile at him but out of the corner of my eye I saw some one. Cory. "Why would you bring him with you?" I look at my dad in confusion and anger. "You know he still loves you" "that's just too bad because I don't love him. I despise him!" All Cory does is smirk.

Daniels POV~
Whispering sweet nothings into her ear must have been the greatest thing I've ever done. Though my words weren't nothing, I was only telling the truth which can sometimes be even more powerful. When I started it was only to tease her but then it got serious. I though that she wouldn't make a scene and that she would kiss me.
Disappointment.
I did get to sleep on her lap though. After what happened in the hidden room, I felt not excited or in charge but rather I felt ashamed and worried. I carried her to her room when I realized she blacked out.
Guilt.That's what I felt.
I've grown to like her but what I know about her is like a page in a very long book. I want to keep spending time with her.
I think this as I'm dragged out of the air plane by Cassy. I'm happy for her, she gets to see the family she loves. We get to the baggage area and she lets go of my hand. Oh. That man must be her father. I walk up slowly trying not to interfere with their moment.
"I really missed you, dad" she says crying " I missed you more, Cassy" says her father wiping a tear away. I smile at the happy scene but I stop when I hear her yell " Why would you bring him with you?" At this point I'm standing almost behind Cassy. "You know he still loves you" love? Who? I step to the side and see another male. He's alright looking, black hair, blue eyes, more of a skinny fellow though. I'm much better looking. "That's just too bad because I don't love him. I despise him!" Ah this must be an ex. He gives me a smirk letting me know that he's going to try and steal Cassy away from me. I give him back one with the words 'bring it on' in mind. A new challenger approaches.
.
.
.
.
Ahahaha! I finished a long chapter and made it exciting! I'm actually really happy with this one. Plus I've got 13k views on my book! I realize that not all of those people have read it but still it's quite an accomplishment. I though not even 30 people would read it and this is crazy! 3.03k have read my first chapter and I think that number will only grow. Thank you so much for everyone's support and I hope it will continue!