"There. Good as new."

He just looked at her amused, and then he thanked her.

"You're welcome." (Y/n) couldn't hold her smile creeping up to her lips as she said those words. "Oh, and one more thing,"

"What?"

"You're going to be stuck here for a few weeks, so don't move a lot and get comfy. You'll be fine then."

"A few.. weeks?"

"Unfortunately, yes. I know you hate my presence so much, but you're just gonna have to deal with it, di Angelo." She teased and left the room.

And since that, she met him every day so that they had become close. He opened himself to her, even though it was just a little bit, it was enough.

After Nico got out from the infirmary, they still talked. He would accompany her when she walked through the woods, he would helped her practice in sword training, or he would just talk to her late at night when she couldn't sleep.

They grew close, indeed, but she never had the chance to say her own feelings- she wasn't ready.

"(Y/n), wake up! Hey- you alright?"

Nico woke her up from her dreams- nightmares, after he heard screaming from inside of her cabin. He was walking past her door when it happened.

Her face was expressionless, she didn't cry- nor sobbed, but she didn't answer his question either.

Confused Nico didn't know what to do- he never consoled someone like this before, so with all of his awkwardness, he walked towards her bed and sat in front of her.

He gave a one sided hug before stroking her cheeks gently, muttering the words, "It's okay. You're okay," repeatedly. It was really calming, (Y/n) could finally slow her breathing down.

He was asking about something, his eyes were avoiding her while doing so. Distractedly, instead of answering his question, she watched his lips as he talked; they were soft, and kissable. She also realized that he had a pretty nice scent; it smelled like mortal perfumes and.. flowers?

"(Y/n)?"

"Hmm?" She replied, still looking distracted.

"What are you doing?"

She didn't answer. As embarrassing as it sound, she couldn't get her gaze off him. Not realizing what she was doing, her face got closer to his, but then she was stopped by his hands on both of her cheeks.

"Hey, hey, what are you-"

She windened her eyes and blushed. "Nothing! I'm sorry, I'm just-"

Wanting to kiss you.

"-not myself today."

He smiled at her before saying, "It's fine."

She scolded herself, ashamed of what she did. Of course he wouldn't kiss her, what was she thinking?

But her expression didn't go pass Nico. It was his turn to blush and said, "In case you're wondering, that wasn't a rejection. I thought you weren't ready, so I'll wait."

"Wha-"

"I know you still haven't got your first kiss." He winked at her playfully.

She looked away, letting her hair covered her red face.

"Shut up."

Stupid Nico with his stupid lips and stupid flowerish smell.

"Oh, it was from Persophone."

Shit. I said that out loud?

"She insisted for me to use it. It smells pretty nice, so yeah." He added shyly.

"Awh, that's sweet," she cooed. "Never guess you're the type who use flower perfumes, di Angelo."

"Lilies, (Y/n). You're gonna make her feel insulted for not knowing these, you woman."

She rolled her eyes, "Whatever."

"Watch it, (L/n). You like them anyway, quit the mockery."

"I never said that I like it."

Using a high pitched voice, he replied, "Stupid Nico with his stupid lips and stupid flowerish smell."

"..."

"Cat got your tounge, (Y/n)?" He smirked.

"Just- shut the fuck up." She said as she threw a pillow at him and took another one to cover her face. He laughed at her childish act, then jumped in the bed with her, resting his hands on her stomach, keeping her warm and safe.

---

Done!

Fun fact : cute moments in this story are actually based on my friend's love life, THEY'RE LIKE SO CUTE I CAN'T EVEN. The pain of being single *sobs*

But anyway,

Read, vote, and comment even if it sucks! 😘

Love,
Me.