Chapter Sixteen

Later that night, as Craig pondered over life atop his roof, Tweek peeked outside toward his friend's relaxing body every once ina while. Eventually, the blonde kept his blinds up to make his almost stalkerish tendencies a bit easier. Yet now his eyes wandered away from Craig himself and focused on the brightly lit stars hanging from the sky, like flaming candles lighting up everyone's pathway. It was strange because Tweek hadn't noticed just how outstanding and powerful just stargazing was.. He even found himself smiling softly at the universe before slowly drifting off into sleep right next to his window.

■ ■ ■

And our story continues as Wednesday faded into Thursday, and Craig had overslept on his roof with the only thing bringing him to consciousness being the echo of a familiar voice ringing in his hears. Slowly, his eyelids lifted and he was met with the gray sky above him. A ton of blankets were clinging to his body, with flakes of snow refusing to detach itself from the fabric. It was cold, though Craig was slowly becoming used to such weather. Finally, he was able to distinguish what the person was actually saying.

"CRAIG!" it screamed. He recognized it to be Tweek.

"Maybe he's dead," came a completely separate voice.

"AH!" was Tweek's response. "D-Don't say that, dude!"

"Yeah, now you're just trying to scare him." Yet another voice.

Eventually coming to his senses, Craig sat up and looked to the ground. Tweek was there, looking a mixture of terrified and relieved. To his right was Clyde and Token. They all carried their school bags while staring straight at him.

"D'you get kicked out of your house or something?" asked Clyde.

Craig rubbed at his eyes, still sleepy from his late night stargazing. "No."

"Well your parents are both gone, so.." Clyde trailed off.

"What?" this seemed to grab at Craig's attention and he grabbed his blankets before jumping back into his room.

"When we got out, your mom was leaving" explained Token, "and your dad was already gone."

"Sh-she said that you wer-weren't - ACK! - getting up s-so she was just gonna go to - ngh - work! GAH!" chimed in Tweek.

Clyde nodded. "Yeah, dude, and she didn't even notice you up there!"

"Damn," muttered Craig, moving away from the window to search for something decent to wear. He could only barely hear the conversation from outside now.

"Don't sweat it!" shouted Clyde. "Token's giving us a ride in his limo!"

"AH!" Craig smiled slightly at Tweek's predictable screams

"Does that look like a limo to you?" He heard Token. Craig tuned them out by this point and hurried out of his room to brush his teeth. Afterwards, he couldn't help but noticed how terribly messy his hair was. It was rivalling Tweek's at that moment, so he ran a hand through it in an attempt to make it look purposely tousled but soon came to the conclusion that it didn't even matter. He simply pulled his beanie on over his head before heading downstairs to grab his keys.

"He's so slow!" Clyde whined to Token from outside. "We're gonna be late!"

Token rolled his eyes at Clyde before making his way to his car and unlocking it. "You're the one who wanted to wait for him."

"Hey!" Clyde exclaimed, getting somewhat defensive. "Tweek did, too! Something about not trusting being in a car with me or whatever.."

"GAH!" shouted Tweek just as Craig came out of the house. The blonde instinctively moved towards him.