Chapter Twelve

After the night that Craig became Tweek's 'hero,' the blonde had been clinging to the poor guy like glue stuck to a kid's finger. Time and time again Craig would confront him about his antics, inquiring in a moderately harsh and blunt way as to why he was following him so closely. Time and time again he would receive the same response, which wasn't anything that could even be considered an answer since Tweek's reaction had always been several apologies and a string of paranoid comments of which Craig would have to then calm him down from. After the first few days of interrogating, he gave up on getting anything out of the blonde. It was obvious that Tweek wasn't going to crack anytime, so why bother?

That is, until one night several weeks later when him, Craig and Clyde were having some sleepover at the Tucker's - courtesy of Clyde's need for attention and wanting to hang out with his newfound friends - and the lighter brunette had completely passed out after eating his weight in snacks brought up by Laura.

Having long since finished a marathon of Red Racer  together after Tweek and Craig met, they weren't doing much of anything aside from exchanging dialogue and even getting so bored they started to play Go Fish with Ruby's old deck of cards. They were on their fourth game, the score was 2:1 with Tweek in the lead. Of course Craig was getting real bored real fast, so once their final game ended and they were now even he tossed his cards to the side and got off of the bed. Craig nearly stepped on Clyde who was snoring softly from his position on the sleeping bag next to the mattress.

Craig glanced at the clock before reaching for his shoes. "I'm going onto the rooftop," he informed the blonde, who was packing the cards back into its box. 

"Ngh.. O-okay," responded Tweek, who was finding squeezing all of the cards back into their holder rather difficult. Craig just ignored his troubles and slipped on his coat once he had strapped his shoes to his feet. Then he climbed out the window, leaving Tweek utterly alone at three in the morning. It took him about ten more minutes before he was able to put the entire deck inside of its box. Sighing in relief now that that stress was over, he set the cards to the side and laid down on Craig's bed. He wasn't planning on resting there the entire night since he had brought his own sleeping bag for that, but Craig's mattress was the most comfortable place in the room and since Craig himself was no longer there Tweek thought it to be okay to lay down for a little bit.

Thirty minutes later, give or take, that dreadful tune began to ring through Tweek's ears and he instantly shot up at the sound.

"C-Clyde?!" he whisper/yelled, trying to wake up the sleeping body. Of course, Clyde was a very heavy sleeper and didn't even stir when Tweek poked at him.

"Time to go to work, work all day!"

"Fuck, fuck, fuck!" muttered Tweek, practically jumping out the window. He tried to mimic what he had seen Craig do but forgot that he had zero upper body strength and couldn't really pull himself up. Again, he had forgotten to put his shoes on since he was in such a hurry. "AH! Craig?!" squeaked the boy. As he glanced to the ground below, he realized that he must be going insane for him to actually want to climb onto the roof.

Craig had been half asleep by this point when the obnoxiously loud voice of Tweek could be heard. He blinked away the drowsiness in his eyes and yawned slightly before getting up to crawl over to the edge where he could see what the heck this kid wanted.

When Craig's head peeked over the roof and the two made eye contact, Tweek exhaled a breath he hadn't even known he was holding until then. "Erk! Can-can you help me up?" Craig stared at him for a moment before outstretching his hand for the blonde to take. He pulled him to the surface where Tweek scrambled away from the edge.

"What are you doing?" asked Craig, following the blonde to the middle of the roof.

Tweek had to take a minute to calm himself down. It was okay now, since he was with Craig. "The Underpants' Gnomes!" explained Tweek. Craig raised his eyebrows, looking at the blonde with uncertainty. "ACK! Th-they were stealing your boxers, dude! They always do that! Oh Jesus Christ, soon they won't be satisfied with underpants! They want our blood, too! Oh God, Craig!" he started pulling at his hair, fear clouding his thoughts. "This is too much pressure," he muttered to himself.

Craig didn't believe a word Tweek was saying, yet he seemed so genuinely freaked out that he didn't have the heart to tell him otherwise. "Tweek, you're going to go bald," he told him.

"AH! Right!" he pulled his hands away from his hair and grabbed at his shirt instead. He took three deep breaths. "You don't m-mind if I stay - ngh - up here with you, right?!" Craig shook his head and Tweek visibly relaxed.

Craig then repositioned himself so that he was laying on his back again, staring up at the stars. Tweek, not knowing what else to do, laid down next to his friend and together they stargazed. This was the first time they have done such a thing together, and Tweek still didn't understand what was so fun about it. After a while, Tweek decided to voice his thoughts. "C-Craig?"

"Yeah?" came Craig's voice.

Tweek glanced at him, noting that his eyes were locked on the sky, before returning his own gaze to the stars above. "Ngh.. What's the point in this? St-stargazing, I mean.."

There was a brief silence, then Craig turned to look at Tweek. "It makes you think."

"N-no it doesn't," protested Tweek.

Craig's eyes wandered back to the star, "It makes me think."

"About what?" the blonde asked, looking over to Craig.

"The universe, I guess.. There are so many planets, stars, moons, even galaxies out there that we don't even know exist yet," he replied. "We're so insignificant compared to it all. Tiny specks in the midst of everything.. and even after the human race dies out the planets will continue to exist as always."

Tweek found himself staring at his friend in awe, because while he's known Craig for about a month now he had not once seen him come close to being so passionate about anything. Then he looked back up at the sky, trying to see everything from Craig's point of view.. Trying to take it all in, because it really was a heavy subject if you thought about it. Tweek wasn't sure whether he felt depressed or carefree at this new outlook, but he smiled despite of his emotions and nodded in agreement. "Yeah.."

To Tweek, the stars suddenly seemed to twinkle against the darkness. Like little lights at the very end of the tunnel, silently telling him that everything was going to be okay. He was so relaxed that he didn't even feel Craig's eyes on him, watching the way Tweek's face seemed so serene compared to all the other times he had seen him. Craig could have even sworn that Tweek's eyes began to sparkle brighter than Sirius A.

"Tweek.." Craig began. The blonde made a sort of humming noise in response, an indication that Craig could continue on with whatever it is he was going to ask. Still, Tweek's eyes never left the sky. "Why is it you're so 'attached' or whatever to me?" he asked for probably the thirtieth time since he's known him.

Tweek's cheeks turned pink and he glanced Craig's way, making eye contact for a split second before he turned back to the sky. "ACK! D-don't get mad at - ngh - at me if I tell you!" he said. Craig rolled his eyes and Tweek twitched several times before turning to his side to look at Craig, who was also looking at Tweek. "It... It's because.. Oh, God... It's because.." Tweek turned his gaze to the roof that he lay upon and bit his lip.

"Spit it out," Craig said, losing his patience by this point. Tweek looked back to the dark haired male and they stared into each other's eyes for a while before Tweek finally decided to come clean.

"You're the only one in the world I feel like I can fully trust," he admitted, still looking into Craig's sharp blue eyes.

At this, Craig turned back to face the sky in hopes that Tweek didn't notice his flaming cheeks. 'Holy shit..' he thought to himself, feeling flustered all of a sudden. How the hell was he supposed to react to that?

"AH! P-please don't hate me!" Tweek begged.

Craig had to calm himself down before responding. "I don't hate you," he said. "I just.. wasn't expecting that answer," he muttered that last part.

Tweek smiled and turned so that he was once again on his back, enjoying his view from where he lay. It was all starting to make sense to the boy - why Craig was so entranced by the stars, why they weren't as boring as he had originally thought. Though Tweek wasn't quite sure why he felt so happy all of a sudden, he knew that he could get used to the feeling of joyfulness. It wasn't something he was very familiar with but it was something he could, as stated in the previous sentence, definitely get used to.