Don't Be Afraid Part 8

How am I gonna do this?’ She thought when she saw Matt arriving. She spent the whole week figuring out how to do this, thinking what would be the less painful way to break up with him. She didn’t want to break his heart, but she couldn’t be with him anymore.

“Hi” she said

“Hi” he answered and kissed her. “You said you wanted to talk to me”

“Yes… Let’s sit”

They sat on the couch. Christina didn’t said anything for a while, thinking on how to begin.

“Do you thought about my proposal?” He said and she felt worse.

“I… Yes… mmm…” She took his hand “Matt, listen… I love you, I really do…but…” she took a deep breath while choosing the words.”I can’t marry you…I’m sorry”

He sighed and looked down. And after a few seconds he looked up at her and smiled slightly.

“It’s okay…You’re not prepared yet to do this again, I understand…I can wait, we can work on that till you feel secure again.” He smiled. She tries to smile too but it failed.

“Actually I….” she paused once more trying to find the right words, if there were such words for that situation.

He noticed her hesitation and his face turned serious.

“What’s wrong?” He asked

“Matt, I… I can’t be with you anymore” she finally said. His eyes fill with tears.

“What?…But I thought we were good.”

“I know, but I-”

“Is it something that I did? I can fix it, I promise. Just tell me and I-”

“Matt, listen…” she place her hand on his shoulder. “I’m in love with… another guy”

He looked down.

“I’m sorry… I tried to fight against it, I really tried. But I couldn’t help, I-”

“It’s him isn’t it? Adam” he asked

She hesitated for a while but he deserved to know the truth.

“Yes…I’m sorry”

He touched her hand “It’s alright…Well, somehow I already knew this was going to happen. I just thought I would have more time to… change your mind, maybe.”

She didn’t knew what to say, she wanted to comfort him, but she has no words. After a while he stood up.

“So…Goodbye then” she stood up and hugged him.

“Thanks for understanding, really.”

“I just want you to be happy”

She smiled. “Thank you”

She hugged him once more

“Goodbye”

“Goodbye”

And he left.

She instantaneously felt really bad and completely guilty. Still don’t knowing if what she did was the right thing. But then she thought about Adam. She couldn’t believe she could finally be with him.

………..

The next day at the studio…

Adam was talking with CeeLo and Blake when she called him from her trailer.

“Adam, can I talk to you?” she said

They haven’t talked since last week when she told him about Matt’s proposal. So he was very apprehensive about it.

“Sure” he said, trying to act normally

He entered her trailer. She close the door and turned to him.

“I have something to tell you” she came closer to him.

“What is it?” he asked. Already preparing himself inside.

“I…I broke up with Matt” she smiled.

He paralyzed. He couldn’t believe what he had just heard. He blinked a few times to check if he wasn’t dreaming.

“Are you seriously?” he asked. She laughed at his reaction.

“Yes…I broke up with him”

And finally a huge smile appeared on Adam’s face. He embraced her by the waist and lifted her,spinning a few times.

“I can’t believe it!” he said putting her back on the ground.”I’m so happy right now!”

“I know… me too” she said.

He kissed her. And the he kissed her one more time. And again, and again…

“Hey, wait.” She said still smiling

“Sorry” he couldn’t hide his happiness.

“Now listen…We’ll have to wait a little bit. You know, to tell everyone”

“Why?” He didn’t wanted to waste anytime with her.

“Cause I just broke up with him. I can’t just show up with you the next day. They don’t even know I broke up yet. And is not just because of me, is because of him. I don’t want people to think that I cheated on him all this time” she said rubbing the back of his head.

“Yeah, I understand” he said”But how long do you think we’ll have to wait”

“I don’t know. Maybe till the live show’s. We’ll have to wait until the press settle down and forget it.”

“Okay” he chuckled “But I can’t promise I’ll be able to keep me away from you all this time”

She laughed “You won’t have to” she said, and kissed him.

“So…Are we secretly dating Miss Xtina?” he asked, with a dorky smile on his face.

“ I guess we are, Mr. Levine”