°Chapter 9°

Jack's P.O.V

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As we all started to head into the forest into the unknown, I clung to Mark. Oi, you'd be nervous too if it was your first assassin's meeting.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°  (<— I rlly like that tbh)

After walking for what felt like forever, we reached a clearing with a LOT of people gathered around it. I stayed at Mark's side, afraid of someone recognizing me. I looked up at him and he looked back at me with a reassuring smile.

"Okay everyone, I'm going to head over to the leaders table-- Mark, keep an eye on Jack. That should be easy, since he's practically clinging onto you for his life right now. Don't get into any trouble," Tom said with a smirk and a small wave, and walked over to a smaller group of people. I could feel my face heat up a bit but it quickly disappeared. I've gotten quite used to all of that kind of stuff now, but it still made me think a little too much about it.

"Come on, Jackaboy. There's some people I want you to meet," Mark said, taking my hand and dragging it over to a random group. Someone in the group decided to leave before we joined. God I feel like I know who that is... 

A bad feeling settled over me as Mark happily joined the little group that was talking.

"Mark, what if they recognize me???" I whisper-yelled at him, and he just squeezed my hand reassuringly and whispered back, "It's fine. No one in this group knows much about what the prince looks like. Hell, no one really ever saw your face when you were prince. You'll be okay-- I promise."

"Oi Mark, who's the pip squeak?" a man in the group asked, and I kept quiet. He had a weird sound to his voice, almost like he isn't from here.

"Oh, this is Jack. He's the new member of our team! Jack, this is Yami, another assassin trying to make their way up the brackets," Mark said, introducing me to Yami. I just stayed quite and gave him a small wave.

"Not much of a talker, eh?" Yami asked with a smug smile. I didn't respond. I don't have a good feeling about any of this... it feels like I'm being watched. Not by multiple people, just one. One person with piercing eyes...

"Jack? Jack you there? Earth to Jack!" I heard Mark call out, waving his hands in front of my face. I snapped out pf my daze, about to apologize but Mark interrupted.

"Jack, this is Bob, Wade, and Molly! They're a pretty good team, and Wade and Molly are dating," Mark went on introducing, so I shook all of their hands and smiled politely. 

Mark started rambling to them so I started to drift out of the conversation....

That feeling.

It's still there, hanging above my head by a thread, until it is cut and brings down horror unto all of us...

"Alright everyone! Welcome to the 102nd annual meeting of assassins."

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°