Chapter 1

Dumas Swain (Doo-moss)

"Man if you don't getcho ass out of that office." Benji yelled while barging his loud ass into my space. You can take the nigga out the hood, but you can't take the hood out a nigga. "Yo B, lower you voice. This is a work place." He looked at me then sucked his teeth. Benji, short for Benjamin, has been my best friend since elementary school days. We played on the same sports teams all through rec, middle, and high school. In college he played baseball, while I dominated basketball. We graduated two years ago and we started a business together. I majored in sports medicine and he majored in business communications. We also have a side business but that's more on the illegal side. Like I said before, you can take a nigga out the hood but not out the nigga.

"Aye! did you hear me?" I snapped out of my thoughts quickly. "Nah man, whatchu said?" He walked up to my desk and pulled up a chair. " I said , you never go out no more. Your boring ass either here or Mia has you locked inside your house. I sucked my teeth then chuckled. Ain't nobody making me do nothing that I don't wanna do. He looked at me and cocked his head back. "Tell me I'm lying then foo." We both busted out laughing. "B, you and I both know damn well that it aint even like that. But since you miss me and want me to hang out so bad, what you want to do?" Quickly he stood up and raised his finger. "First of all nigga, I never said I missed you. All I said was that woman is keeping you cooped up in your own damn house and y'all aint even married. But anyway, me and the boys were thinking about hitting up Teasers later on if you want to join."

As soon as he said Teasers my eyebrows rose. Now I stopped going to strip clubs per Mia's request but this particular strip club is home to the baddest chocolate women in this area. I love my girl Mia but sometimes a nigga wants something a lil familiar. Mia and I have been together from since the beginning of junior year of college. When I first saw her with those pretty blue eyes, I knew I wanted to get to know her. My family was surprised when I brought home a white girl over Christmas break. My mom pretended to be nice, but my dad is as real as they come. They don't really care for her. Being that my mom and dad are big advocates of black love and black power, I should've known what to expect.

I knew Mia was going to hang out with her coworkers tonight so I might as well hang out with mine. "Yeah nigga. Just let me go home and change real quick." Benji dapped me up with the goofiest smile ever and said " Ayeee! I told them boys my nigga ain't no lame." I sucked my teeth. "Who said I was lame?"

"Don't worry bout all that man. Meet us there round 9, aight." he said before getting up and leaving my office. That nigga is a straight fool.

Sade Smith (Shaw-day)

I swayed my hips side to side as Young Dolph's song F**k It blared through the speakers. The bass shook my entire body but I was used to it by now. I watched as all the dancers on stage and the ones walking the floor made their ass clap and did their thing. People always down talk strippers but I see it as an art. Not to mention it takes real muscle to perform some of the tricks they do. Although I'm not a dancer, I understand their struggles.

"Day Day! I can get a round ah shots fi de table ova ya?" one of the dancers and my good friend Shenelle asked. I always loved hearing her talk with her thick ass cruzan accent.

"Of course babe. The one with the shades staring right in your direction too. He's cute." I said while pouring alcohol into the glasses. She turned around and plastered a fake smile on her face then turned back around. "No gyal. I can tell he nuh have no common sense. Why he wearing shades in de dark?" I chuckled then handed her the tray of drinks. One thing I loved about Shenelle, is how much she talks shit. I'm always weak when I'm around her. She walked off to deliver and I cleaned up my area.

The song then switched to something smoother. I didn't know the song but I could tell it was something by The Weeknd. All the girls were now on the floor talking to the guests, tryna hustle and make some extra money.

"Excuse me miss? Can I get a glass of cranberry juice?" I looked up to see one of the guys who Shenelle served earlier. I felt like I knew him from somewhere, but that was probably just my exhaustion taking over. He smiled and showed his pearly white teeth and his thick lips and lawd! I'm only acting like this cause its been drought season for me the past 6 months and I'm feenin like a crackhead.

I composed myself and smiled. "Sure. light ice?" I asked while gathering the cup and juice. He shook his head and pulled out some money. "Do I know you from somewhere?" he asked as I was handing him his drink and he was handing me my shmoney. "I don't think so. What's your name?"

His phone began to ring as he was about to answer my question. "Hey babe, wassup" Babe? I swear niggas don't stay single these days. "I'm just hanging out with the guys Mia. Nah, I thought you were going to go out with your girlfriends and I didn't wanna stay at home by myself."

I began to clean my area again as he talked on the phone. It's like these niggas come out the womb in a relationship.

"Alright babe. I'll see you later tonight. Love you too." he said before hanging up and directing his attention back towards me.

"Sorry about that. What did you ask me?" he smiled again. Lord. I looked at the clock and saw I only had a few minutes left. "Uh, I forgot" I really didn't but I don't have time to be conversing with taken niggas. I'm not the type to break up a home. At least not tonight.

"Oh okay. You have a good night aight" he said before walking back through the crowd of tipsy men and naked ladies.

_________

Sorry for the short and boring chapter (and errors) but I'm trying to get all the formalities out the way:)

Any character suggestions?