Ch1: First Run In

Isabella Pov:

           All my life I have been running. Running from people who I don't know what they want from me. All I know is that they seem to have known my parents. My parents died in a huge car accident when I was ten and ever since then I have been running. Not just from those people, but the law as well. I mean I didn't do anything against the law, it's just that I couldn't be put into an orphanage or they'll find me. They, my parents, had left me money before they died.

         I had stopped for just a little bit to take a breath. I was at Burger King and bought a milkshake. Just because I run a lot, doesn't mean I can't drink a milkshake or burger every now and then. 

       "One Oreo milkshake, extra cream, and extra chocolate syrup." The cashier said. He handed me my drink.

      "Thank you." I thanked him and turned to leave. I sat down at a table in the corner. I wore my snapback and my sunglasses in order to hide. I drank my milkshake. Two men soon came in. They were wearing black and red. I watched them carefully. They walked over to the cashier. I got up slowly and casually. I headed to the door as I placed my drink in the garbage. I made it outside Burger King without anyone noticing it. I began to walk, but with a bit of speed. Just before I made it around the corner I heard someone shout.

       "Stop!" And with that I began to ran. I ran around the corner. I looked back to see those two men I saw come into Burger King a few minutes ago. I ran faster. I climbed a staircase that led to a rooftop. That gave me a few seconds extra. I ran to the end of the building and looked down. It was a bit high up. I looked back to the guys and went back a little. I ran and jumped to the other building. Nothing that I've never done before. I kept running. I looked back again and found that they have jumped too. Jesus these guys change everyday. I ran to the end of this  building and I looked down. This building was a bit lower than the previous building. I could jump down, I may break a bone or two in my legs, but if I land properly I would probably just hurt my legs a bit. C'mon Izzy, you have to do this. I looked back at the guys who were getting closer. I took a deep breath and jumped. I felt the wind blow as I went down. I landed on my feet in a proper way. I lost balance a little, knocking me to my knees. I pushed my self back up with my hands. I brushed off the dust from my clothes and looked up.

       "Shit, she's good." I laughed and continued to run. I kept running and looking back until I hit something or someone. It knocked me down to the floor. I prayed that it wasn't one of those guys who magically appeared in front of me. I opened my eyes when I heard a different voice.

       "I'm so sorry love, are you okay?" A tall, tan, and handsome man asked sticking out his hand. He was defiantly British, with that accent.

       "Oh ya, I'm fine, it was my fault." I answered taking his hand. He helped me up. 

       "No it was all my fault."

       "No."

      "You look like you were running from something or someone." I laughed.

                             Michael Pov:

                She laughed. She was incredibly pretty and her laughter was adorable.

          "It's a long story." 

          "I've got time, I'm Michael. Michael Montgomery." I told her.

         "Isabella, Isabella Parker." She played along. We smiled.

         "Mind if we talk?" I questioned.

         "I actually don't think I-" 

         "We can go to my place, don't worry I'm not a serial killer or a rapist." I told her. She laughed.

         "Trust me, I figured that out a while ago, I've made contact with all kinds of people in the past 20 years."

         "I have to get to know you better." We laughed. I soon was driving her to my house a couple of blocks away from where we met. After we made it, she looked surprised.

       "Wow."

      "You like it?"

      "I do actually. Very nice." 

               After about two hours she told me about who she was, how her parents died, and why she was running.

          "You've been running for the past twenty years." She nodded.

        "Well that's enough about me, what about you?" She asked.

       "Well I'm a CEO for a business called LINE, I'm 32, single, and live here. I mean I used to live in England, but I moved here after I began to work here." I answered.

       "LINE?"

       "Living IN Nice Equity, it sells health goods, snacks, helps people find houses, and other products and services." I explained.

       "Never heard of it. I really haven't heard of any of these things actually, you know running and what not." I nodded. 

      "Yeah, I do."

      "Well I must be going."

     "Where?"

     "Anywhere, where they can't find me."

     "You can stay here, I mean I have spare bedrooms, bathrooms, and stuff. And they won't know you're here."

     "I can't let you put that pressure on yourself."

     "Pressure, please, I'm a CEO my life is full of pressure and a little fun won't hurt."

    "Fun? Trust me it isn't fun." I laughed.

    "It'll be ok. I promise." After that she gave in and agreed to stay.