Chapter Five

It had been a week since me and Jason's last encounter in the library. For a week he had been MIA, I hadn't seen him at school, I hadn't ran into him anywhere in Rosewood, I hadn't even seen him at Alison's house. Every time I went to Ali's to hang out I would pray that I would see him, I knew that we couldn't have a full blown conversation in front of Alison, but just to take a glimpse at him would be enough, I just needed to see him. I had missed him randomly popping up and making my whole day, I had the girls, but I honestly felt lonely without him.

It was Saturday and I was sitting in bed on my laptop, it was about 11pm when I heard my bedroom window slide open, I saw a figure trying to get through the window. Oh my god someone has broken into my room! This is where I die! I shut my laptop and screamed in terror, a hand covered my mouth, I froze.

"Aria, shhh it's just me" I looked up to see Jason standing over me, smiling. I was so relieved that it was him and not some serial killer that I pulled him down onto the bed and hugged him tight, his body was stiff for a second and then he wrapped his arms around my waist and held me tight like he had really missed me. I breathed in his scent not wanting to let him go, he smelt of cologne, cigarettes and whisky.

"Have you ever heard of knocking on the door? You almost scared me half to death" I said, my head buried into his chest.

"I'm sorry...the truth is I'm actually very...very drunk" Jason replied breaking the hug, I looked into his eyes, they were glazy and blood shot, they looked troubled.

"Jesus, Jason how much have you had?" I asked.

"Enough...I'm s-sorry Aria I haven't been around, I had to get away from this place...too many secrets...too many lies" Jason was slurring his words and I had no idea what he was talking about.

"B-but, I came back for you...Didn't...I didn't want you to think I just took off and left you. I'm good at messing everything else up...I don't want to mess this up..." He was cut off as he began to puke up his guts out of my bedroom window. Oh crap now my parents were going to wonder why there was sick on our driveway.

I got out of bed, not entirely sure what to do, I don't regularly get drunken guys climbing through my bedroom window at night. I stood behind him and rubbed his back, that's the only thing I could think of to do.

"I'm sorry" Jason said weakly wiping his mouth as he stepped away from my window.

"Come on, let me take you home you need sleep" I said opening my closet to find my coat.

"No I can't go back there, Aria" Jason protested, I turned around and his eyes looked like they were filling with tears.

"What's happened?" I asked him, taking one of his hands in mine, it hurt me to see him hurting like this."It's a long story...Just trust me okay?" Jason looked at me with pleading eyes and I knew I had no choice, but to trust him.

"Alright, you can stay for the night, but do me a favour and go freshen yourself up in the bathroom I don't do sick breath" I smiled trying to make light of the situation, he smiled back at me and my heart couldn't help, but feel for this beautiful, tortured soul that needed fixing.

I opened my door to see if the coast was clear, the last thing I wanted was for my parents to catch Jason in the house. Once it was safe I ushered Jason into the bathroom and closed the door behind him. I told him he could take a shower and I gave him a spare toothbrush to use.

Mike was sleeping over at his girlfriend's house so while Jason was in the shower I crept into Mike's room to get a clean T Shirt and a clean pair of boxers for Jason, Mike looked about the same size as Jason. I gave the clean clothes to Jason once he was out of the shower and he went back into the bathroom to get changed.

When Jason came back into my room I had to look away , he looked like heaven with his freshly washed hair that was damp, he was just in boxers, his body was so muscular and toned, I couldn't believe this guy who was like a god was here in my bedroom.

"Aria, I'm so tired" Jason spoke quietly, in that moment he just looked so vulnerable and I felt this natural instinct to protect him.

"I know you are...here you sleep in the bed and I'll sleep on the floor" I offered getting out of bed.

"No, I don't want to sleep alone...just let me hold you, okay?" Once those words escaped his lips I just melted.

He got into the bed first and then gestured for me to get in. I lay down beside him and turned so my back was facing him and he shifted over to me, pulling me against him and wrapping his strong arm around my tummy. He smelt of Herbal Essences shampoo and my Almond Milk Shower Gel and the scents were intoxicating to me. Soon I felt him softly breathing and I realized he had fallen asleep and in that moment I also realized that this was the only place I wanted to be.