And he did.

"Come on Perce, let's go back now," he said gently, his brown eyes filled with worry.

"No." Percy looked away from Grover, still wrapping the child more tightly in her fraying blanket.

And Grover turned away, knowing that Percy wasn't going to be easy to sway.

But he wasn't going to give up. He never did.

Percy listened to the soft thumping of hooves trailing farther away down the hill, his heart thumping in his chest. But he knew he never really would leave.

Not until Percy returned.

Percy's free hand trailed to his side, the burning feeling filling his lungs felt like bubbling lava, with each breath he took they became more labored.

But he couldn't say a word.

He heard the distant sound of foot fall disrupting the crackling grass, the parched fields suffering the wrath and sadness of the Demeter cabin. The person stopped behind him, his shadow falling over Percy and sprawling onto the grass before him. But Percy already knew who it was without turning, who it always was.

"No," he said before a single word could be spoken to counter.

"This isn't my job you know," the boy spoke, his voice tired and heavy, like he'd gone a few nights without desperately needed sleep. "Running after you ever time you leave, I'm supposed to be in the infirmary, not filing a missing person report every time you step out of the building. Come on Percy, don't you know how we all feel about this? How seeing you this way has effected the camp? People look up to you! You're their hope! And geez, the little girl in your arms? She needs you the most! And you can't care for her like this." The son of Apollo gestured to the child held in his arms. But Percy pointedly refused to meet his eyes, still staring out at the road in silent refusal.

Will sighed and grabbed one of his arms, pulling him up to his feet, not knowing of the pain that he was causing with the single movement. Percy could feel the burning feeling grow in his lungs as he gasped out in pain, biting his lip. But the sound didn't go unnoticed by Will who looked at him in confusion.

But Percy ignored the look and grabbed onto the boys arm to stay standing, gripping the bundle tighter in his arm. His eyes full of pain, the cracks growing longer across its surface.

Will frowned but let the boy use him as a crutch, even if he didn't quite know why. Percy could feel the boys eye studying him. Taking in his matted hair and hollow cheeks, the broken look apparent in his eyes.

But he didn't know the worst.

Percy bit back his gasp as another sharp prod of pain cut into his stomach. Wondering why it couldn't end.

But he already knew the answer.

Tartarus had never truly been done with him. Her love was the only thing keeping it away...but now that was gone. Now the curse of Tartarus will reign over him. Haunt his dreams at night, burn him down, watch him crumble. He should have already died.

And Tartarus knew that, but he kept him alive.

So he could watch his pain.

Struggling under the weight of loss.

Under the weight of the child in his arms.

Percy slowly turned to face Will defeat apparent in his empty eyes.

And for the third time that day, Will slung Percy's arm over his shoulder and helped him back to the infirmary.

Back into his cage.

Trapped by the beating of his own heart.

His only life line a child.

His only reminder of her.

His daughter.

ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ

Me: Done!!!!!

Percy:I HAVE A DAUGHTER?

Me: ...Um yah?

Percy:...With Annabeth right?

Me: No...*cough* sarcasm *cough*

Percy: WHAT?

Me: Percy-

Percy: I refuse to have a kid with anyone but Annabeth!

Me: Percy-

Percy: NO!

Me: That was sarcasm.

Percy; I DONT CAR-oh um...I KNEW THAT!