The Code

With Dean gone in the Impala, you and Sam took his piece of junk car that he had hot wired some time ago, using it to travel to the ware house. It was your first time heading there, and you weren't really glad to be going. You weren't looking forward to seeing Rowena again, that witch who helped her son spell you. You were a little worried that you might get carried away, and try to strangle her as soon as you saw her.

It wasn't too long before Sam was pulling up in front of what had once been an old brewery. The sign was still hanging, but only by one chain. The windows were boarded up, and weeds filled the surrounding ground. "How did you find this place?" You asked him, noticing how dark and dreary the place seemed.

"I drove by it. Figured it was the perfect place." Sam explained, as the two of you walked up to the side entrance. Sam opened the door, and stood aside to let you in first, but you shook your head. There was no way you would be the first one in, you wanted Sam at your side. He seemed to understand, because he went first, then stood and waited for you.

"Sam, thank god you're here. Did you find Charlie?" Cas asked, coming forward from the long room that you could just see around the bend in the hallway. Just the mention of Charlie brought tears to your eyes, and Cas must have noticed. 

"What happened?" He asked, and Sam told him, quiet enough that Rowena couldn't hear. You moved away from the hallway, far enough that you could fully see into the room. You saw a long table in the middle of the room, full of books and empty cups. Rowena was currently sitting at the table, her hands cuffed, but her hair still perfectly coiffed. 

"Well look who showed up." She said, looking over at you, her accent as thick as you had remembered. She stood up, making her way over to the three of you, or as far as she could. "What happened to that other red head? We were just beginning to get along? And why did you bring her along?" 

Sam just shook his head at Rowena, done with her attitude. "Charlie's dead. And we are stopping this. It's only going to end in more bloodshed." Sam said, right as his phone dinged. He turned to read the message, leaving you alone with Cas and Rowena.

"Where's Dean?" Cas asked you.

"He took off. The death of Charlie really hit him hard, and he's bent on revenge." You explained to him, feeling a little unsettled as Rowena stared at you.

"So, you're back with the Winchesters and no longer pining for my wee Fergus. I wonder how that happened?" She hinted at. 

You glared at her, but ignored her as Sam placed his hand on your shoulder. "She cracked it." He whispered into your ear, and you turned to face him, stunned.

"What?" You asked.

"Charlie, before she died, cracked the code, and emailed it to me!" He said, and you could tell he was torn.

"But what?" You asked him, knowing he was about ready to say it.

"I promised Dean I would stop this, that no one else would get hurt. But we are so close!" He said, but you could tell he was pleading with you, wanting you to give him the okay to go ahead.

You thought back to Dean, remembering him before the Mark, and how he was now. You wanted that Dean back, not just for your relationship, but because the Mark was eating him alive, and you hated that. "We are so close. I say go for it." You told him.

He nodded, before handing the phone Rowena. "We have to code. Now finish it!" He ordered, but she just sat there. 

"I've changed my mind. I want something else now." She told him, studying her nails. Sam ran his hands through his hair in frustration.

"What now?" He asked.

"I want my freedom, and the codex." She told him, and you knew how dangerous that could be. Rowena was a powerful witch, and with the codex she could do many evil things.

"Fine." He ground out, but when he looked over her head, you could tell he was just placating her. 

"Give me time, and you will have your spell." She said, flipping the book open, and you and Sam moved to where Cas still stood.

"So we are still going through with it?" He asked the two of you, and you both nodded. "What about Dean?"

"He's stuck on his revenge. He won't notice anything for a while. And hopefully, by that time, the Mark will be gone." You answered, hoping what you said was true.

Cas nodded. "Shouldn't someone be keeping an eye on him?"

"Yeah. Hey Cas, can you do that? I'm going to stay here, make sure Rowena stays on task. And can you drop Y/N back off at the bunker? She doesn't need to stay here." 

The two of you left the warehouse, and you let Cas drive, surprised to see he handled a car pretty well. When he pulled up to the front of the bunker, you turned in your seat to face him. "Cas, please be careful. Dean's in a bad spot right now, even more so because of Charlie's death. He hates me." You told him, your voice breaking at the end.

Cas reached over, placing a hand over yours. "He doesn't hate you, but the Mark makes him act like he does. I just plan on trailing him, making sure a massacre or something doesn't happen. But I'm afraid I might already be too late."

"Please keep me updated." You pleaded with him, and he nodded. Climbing out of the car, you watched as he drove off, waiting until you could no longer see the tail lights before you went inside.