Chapter 10: It's Okay

I'm at Vidcon, signing shirts and little septic eyes while greeting people who've waited so long just to see me. I smile. It was great to meet them. They've brought me to where I am today and I'm so grateful. A girl walks up to me. She seems a bit off. She holds out a piece of fanart she made, asking for a signature. I nod and sign the excellent work. "It's gorgeous," I tell her. She nods, but her eyes never leave the ground. "May I have a photo with you?" she asked quietly. I almost didn't hear her. "Of course, sweetie!" I say. I figure she might just be nervous. A lot of people I met were. I don't understand why. I'm just a normal guy. She comes close to me and holds her phone up. I get into frame with her. Just as she clicks her phone to take it, she whispers, "I'm so sorry, Jack." Suddenly, I feel something hit me in the back of my head. I fall toward the ground as the pain surges through my skull. Everything goes black....

I wake up. I'm laying on an operating table in a dark room. The only light is the one above me. I cover my eyes as I look up to it. I'm so confused. 'I was just at the convention. Where the hell am I now?' A light suddenly appears to the other side of the room. As I look over, I see Mark. He is sitting on his knees, covered in bruises and cuts. "Mark!" I call out to him. He didn't say a word. I move to run over to him. He needs help. I need to tend to his wounds and comfort him. I need to know what happened, and why we were in this place. However, when I try to move, I couldn't. My arms and legs are restrained to the table. I struggle to break free, but I couldn't. I cry out to him, begging him to say something, but he just sits there. Tears begin to fall from his eyes. His eyes then widen as he collapses to the ground. "MARK!" I scream. I have to help him, but I can't move anymore. Suddenly, the girl from the convention appears beside Mark. "You should have never gotten together," she says. "Everything would have been fine if you weren't in love with him. Now," she holds a gun toward Mark. "it must come to an end. We wouldn't want anyone unhappy, now, would we?" She giggles as she pulls the trigger. "NO!!" I scream. She tilts her head toward me. "Now you," she points the gun at me and fires. Pain runs throughout my body as I feel myself dying.....

I opened my eyes widely. I glanced around to reveal I'm in Mark's bedroom. I looked over and see Mark, sound asleep. Tears sprang from my eyes. 'It was only a dream. Thank god.' I took in deep breaths, trying to calm myself from the nightmare I awoke from. I looked at the time on my phone. 6:43 a.m. My alarm would go off in a couple minutes, so falling asleep again would be pointless. I stared at the ceiling, reviewing my dream in detail. "Why? Why'd I have to think about it? Why'd it come into my dreams?" I mumbled to myself. It scared me so much; it just felt so real.

A lively tone emitting from my phone took me away from my thoughts. As I turned it off, I felt Mark turn over and wrap his arms around me. "Good morning~" he groaned, which made me giggle. "Good morning, doof," I said. He pretended to look hurt. "Is that all I am to you? A doof?" He ran a finger down from his eye to his chin, making it appear like a tear ran down his face. I cupped his cheek and pressed my lips to his. "No, you're so much more than that." He began blushing. I smirked at his expression. "Well, now that we're up, we better start getting ready." He turned onto to his back and began to close his eyes. "No," he mumbled. "But, Mark, we have to go back to the convention today," I told him. "Remember? We have that big meet-up today for about 5 hours." He shook his head. I began to poke at his sides, but that didn't do much except make him stir. So, I started to shake him. Still, nothing happened. I then decided extreme measures were the only way to get him moving.

I swiftly moved my body on top of his and straddled his hips. My hands moved up and down his chest slowly. Mark's eyes opened widely at what I was doing. "C'mon, Mr. Early-riser, it's time to get moving!" I stated loudly. A deeper blush was on his cheeks as I leaned down and began to kiss his neck. I didn't stay for long. When my lips pulled away, I figured he was ready to get up by the look on his face. I smiled innocently, even though what I had just done wasn't even close. Mark sat up on his bed quickly and looked over at me. "Was that really necessary?" he asked with little giggles running through his words. He ran a hand through his bedhead. I smirked playfully. "Of course, it was!" I proudly stated. "I really don't want to be late today, and it was also getting you back for yesterday!" The memory of his coming up behind me and kissing my neck and jawline made me blush a bit. His words that came back to mind made it appear even more. I snapped back into reality when Mark spoke. "Alright, 24/7 Energy, I'll head for a shower. You better start getting ready, too!" He gave me a quick peck before lightly shoving me off of his lap. He picked out a clean pair of boxer shorts and headed to the bathroom.