p r o l o g u e

Ariel had gone out exploring that day, and had found a weird, shiny and abandoned object. It was slightly deformed and  bent, and some places where the shine had lost its sparkle, but it was still a treasure. It looked like a bent trident, just a mini version of it. Three prongs stuck up, begging for attention, their edges may have once been sharp, but now they were dull.

Ariel combed through her fiery red hair, similar to what her mother had done to her when she was younger, except with fingers. She had gone back to the shipwreck again, and could only hope that her father hadn't noticed her missing. As Ariel swam around the shipwreck and junk, a pearl caught her eye. Of course, there were pearls aplenty back at her father's castle, but this pearl, this was attached to something. The mermaid swam further down the wreckage.

She gasped. In the middle of all this chaos, there was a ship. The waves were rough, all of a sudden, and Ariel cursed. "In the name of my father, by golly!" There were shouts, heard from above, and Ariel leapt. The ship was falling apart, a man sat at the hull, trying desperately steer the ship and stop it from falling apart.

The ship suddenly cracked with a satisfying sound, and then half the men fell off. The man at the hull slumped, and then fell into the rough and black waves. Ariel cried out. She rushed over, and desperately tried to hold him. He still fell, and Ariel stooped lower. Her arms burned, and she realized how pathetic she looked.

Ariel inwardly sighed, and carried the man to shore. She practically threw the man onto the sand. Luckily, no one was out, and Ariel finally got a good look at him. He was handsome, was the first thought that reached Ariel when she glanced at him. He had the darkest hair the color of midnight, windswept and whimsical. His long collared loose shirt was wrinkled and wet. His black pants were shredded on the bottom, and he was barefoot. 

Ariel sorrowfully sighed, before flopping back to the sea. She raised her hand in farewell...Good-bye

▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃

So this is basically going to be a trilogy. This is actually the second book. The first is kinda like my version of The Little Mermaid. But I haven't posted or even started it yet because that's a prequel, so we'll sorry about it later.

Thanks for reading!