19. Better Left Unsaid

Start from the beginning

"Everything is real but no, you are not crazy" I informed her.

"So the two of us are in fact dating wolves?" she asked.

"Yup" I said popping the "p".

Shutting my door, I fell back onto my bed and gazed up at the ceiling.

"Wow. I thought the conversation last night was a dream. I had to even pinch myself a few times".

"Does it make us crazy that we aren't even the slightest scared about all of this?" I asked.

"You know what Spence, I really like Peter. He is the sweetest guy that I have ever met and I am so glad that I agreed to go out with him. I mean, I know we haven't had an actual date yet but just texting and talking and being around him is enough for me" Essence explained.

I smiled. "I understand. I haven't dated since everything with Justin and Jace has is showing me what I've been missing".

"Jace brings out so much happiness in you and I'm really grateful for that" Essence said.

"Please don't make me cry" I said chuckling.

"You're right. Okay, enough of the sappy stuff. What are you up to?" she asked me.

"Well my Grandmother is finally here" I groaned. "She wants to go out to dinner so we're about to go to sea side. I have to look decent".

"You know what she used to say. 'You may have a boy name but you don't need to look like one" Essence said doing the best impression of my grandmother.

Growing up, I was one of the biggest tomboys and my grandmother did not approve. I began cracking up to the point where my sides started to hurt. "You do that a little too well".

"Well I won't brag" she said as I visualized her flipping her brown hair over her shoulder.

"I guess I should get ready then" I said not looking forward to the night.

"Text me later" Essence said before ending the call.

Heading to my closet, I couldn't help but wonder what Jace was doing.

When was he going to call me so we could finish this whole conversation about wolves?

________________________________________________________________________

Jace POV

"NO!" Robert's mate, Sandra, screamed in agony.

"Oh honey" my mom said wiping away the fresh set of tears that were making its way down Sandra's face.

When a wolf's mate is in trouble, they know. Feeling the pain of your mate is one of the things that make mating so unique and different from the normal couple.

It makes the bond between two people stronger.

"Dad, we have to do something" I said.

The two of us were standing out back of the pack house. All powerful forces were here as we tried to come up with a plan to capture Robert back.

It had already been over fourteen hours and we were coming up short.

"We can't just go out there and try to save him. That is what they are expecting us to do and that is the easiest way for us to lose members" my dad said running a hand through his graying hair.

"I know but I can't just watch her go through this much pain" I said glancing back at Sandra as my mom rocked her back amd forth in her arms.

"I know. This is definitely not easy for her".