This Girl

Just as they entered Malini came running to her.
Malini:di kaha the.. Anyways.. There was this hot friend of yours.. He went home.. Uhh I forgot his name..
Manik and Nandini looked at each other shocked at the kind of phrases Malini was using while the others chuckled.
Malini:urgh.. Kya naam tha.. A.. Aryaman.. Yaa.. Aryaman.. He said he's got some important work.. Waise di.. Itne cute boys toh mere school mein bhi nhi hai.. Not even the seniors.. Aap logo ki batch mates kitni lucky rahi hongi..
She said like a typical tharki and Manik and Nandini gasped at each other while the others burst out laughing.
Manik:Malini.. Chup kar..
Malini:uhh..mujhe toh aise daant rhe ho jaise kabhi khud aisi harkate ki hi nhi..
She muttered but unfortunately Manik heard her and placed his hand on her mouth and dragged her in.
Nandini was shocked at how she behaved minutes back but what alarmed her more was that Aryaman had left already. She looked around and found Abhi still there with Navya she headed to them.
Nandini:Abhi.. Aryaman ghar kyu..
Abhi:he got some work..
Nandini nodded in understanding and them went to chachi and asked if she could go upto the terrace with her friends and chachi agreed.
Nandini announced it to everyone and they rushed upstairs.
They put chairs upstairs and sat in a circle with fab5 towards Nandini's right followed by Navya beside Cabir and Abhi beside her. Rishabh and Malini sat on the swing behind Manik who was sitting beside Nandini.
Ahana and the rest sat towards Nandini's left.
Aryan:Nandu.. Hows time in Mumbai been.. Friends toh bhot bana liye but..
Nandini instantly knew what he meant and glared at him.
Dev:arey by the way.. There is someone who wants to wish you happy birthday..
Yoshita:ooh.. Yaah..
Nandini looked around confused. Everyone had already wished her.
Ahaana:arey darling aap apne boyfriend ko itni jaldi bhul gyi..
Just as Ahaana paused Manik and Cabir began coughing.
Nandini:Manik.. Cabir.. You guyzz okay.. Kya hua.. Rishu paani laa..
She panicked but Manik modded in a no. It had come to him as a shock. He was getting curious to know this new story.
Nandini:Ahaana..kaunsa boyfriend..
Dhruv:Nandinii..kitne boyfriend hain tumhare..
Everyone chuckled and Manik looked at Nandini intently..
Ahaana:London mein toh ek hi tha.. Vo bhi so called..
Nandini:dont play these guess games btao na kiski baat lar rhe ho..
Dev:arey.. Tu bhul gyi vo nerd.. Vicky..
Nandini:Vicky?
Nandini could feel Manik's intense gaze on her.
Alya:guyz.. We wanna know the whole story..
Mukti:yaah exactly..
Navya:Nandu tumne hume kabhi nhi btaya..
Nandini:kyunki Navya mujhe khud nhi pata.. Guyz kya bol rhe ho.. Kaun Vicky..
Reyansh:Arey vhi chashmish jisko tunne apna driver banaya tha..
Nandini's eyes widened at the mention of the driver.
Nandini:Vicky sharma..
She made a bad face.
Cabir:wow Nandu naam bhi yaad hai.. Hume bhi toh batao..
Nandini:aisa kuch nhi hai..
Aryan:mai btata hun.. This guy Vicky sharma.. London University mei tha.. Jahan Nandini ki workshop hoti thi..
He said while Nandini turned to Manik and found him already staring at her. He was irritated with all the sudden revelations..
Sumit:i guess it was a month after she had joined the college.. Hum sab canteen mein baithe the and Dev ne Nandini ko dare diya..
Dev:haan that jo bhi ladka science ki class mein first bench pe baitha ho usse propose kare..
Reyansh:darpok.. Pehle toh mana kar diya.. Phir we told her ki science ki class mein sab nerds hai.. And that vo isse bhi bade darpok hai..
Yash:mai toh tha bhi nhi.. Mere bina kiya tha..
Nandini:urgh.. That was the worst experience..
Manik:really..?
Manik said sarcastically and Nandini just knew what he meant..
Ahaana:and you won't believe her luck.. It was.. This ajeeb sa creature Vicky sharma.. Nandini do daant bahar.. Oily hair..
Girls:yuckk!!
Nandini:Ahaana.. No More description please..
Manik:itna hi bura tha toh..
Nandini:Manik that was a dare..
Manik:you could say no..
Cabir knew things could heat up and so he did the damage control.
Cabir:continue.. Continue..
Dev:Nandini teen baar U-turns lekar aayi.. Such a bachchi..
Manik rolled his eyes.
Nandini:toh yaar how could i go upto anyone..
Rishabh:dii.. Sachii.. Aap bachchi ho..
Nandini:tu chupkar..
Malini:if he was as described toh koi bhi dus baar sochta.. Ab har koi Maan bhai ki tarah nhi hota na..
Manik looked at her and she smiled incoherently.
Ahaana:Nandini uske paas gyi.. And the first thing she did after looking at his face was laughing..
Itni zor se hasi ki vo bechara bhi dar gya..
Nandini:seriously.. He looked like  a joker.. I went upto him and he looked at me as if I'm gonna eat him up.. I firstly told him that it was a dare and then asked him out.. Maybe usse dare ka matlab nhi pta tha.. Next day.. He came to me.. And asked me for a coffee..
Abhi:Nandu.. Phir..
Nandini:phir kya.. Bechare ne itna sweetly puchha tha.. That i couldn't say no..
Manik's eyes widened..
Reyansh:larki smart hai.. Isne usse driver bna diya.. Car ki keys usse de di.. Aur hum sab ko CCD bula liya..
Aryan:when we reached i saw him going back in a taxi..
All started laughing.
Nandini:i sat back while he drove me to CCD and then after he parked the car i handed him some ten euros and told him to go and have coffee.. Trust me I hate embarrassing anyone like this but usne dare ko seriously le liya jabki we had already told him.. Peeche hi pad gya..
Fab4 laughed hard along with the others while Manik didn't find it good.
Mukti:kya yaar Manik tu kabse aise pranks ko seriously lene laga.. Tu bhi toh aisa hi kuchh dare deta tha freshers ko..
Manik rolled his while the rest of Fab5 nodded their heads.
Nandini:such a monster..
Manik:thank your aiyappa ki tumhe nhi diya samjhi..
Nandini:i would've hated you even more.. Tab toh humari friendship kabhi bhi nhi hoti..
Manik:you don't hate them..
Nandini:that's because they said sorry.. But ofcourse Manik Malhotra never apologizes to anyone..
They began fighting like kids and the others just watched them with confusion written all over their faces.
Ahaana:okay guys stop it.. Nandini Vicky wanted to wish you.. Btw i must say he is grown handsome over the year..
Nandini looked at her blankly trying to make out if she was being sarcastic because the face she had seen a year ago couldn't get any better than what it was..
Yoshita:no.. Seriously.. He has..
Yash:unfortunately.. And it seems my girlfriend's started having a crush on him..
Yoshita:shut up..
Ahaana took her phone and video called Vicky..
Nandini:aiyappa..
She said and looked up while there was someone who was looking at her expressionlessly. Manik was feeling an adrenalin rush at that moment and he so wanted to punch something hard.
Voice:hey ahaana.. Ssup?
Said a deep voice from within her phone..
Ahaana:yo Vicky.. You want to wish Nandini..
Vicky:Murthy.. Workshop love..!!
He said and Nandini's eyes widened and Manik fisted his hand ready to dab on his head.
Ahaana turned the phone towards Nandini so as to making him visible to Manik as well.
He sat straight on the other side of the call flaunting his now well toned body. He had really changed. There were no protruding teeth no oily hair.. But a handsome face that could get any girl to her knees. He had a perfect jaw line that added as an asset to his smile.

(Ankit as Vicky Sharma) Vicky:hey

Vicky:hey.. Happy birthday..
Nandini:thanx.. And I'm still sorry for what i had done..
Vicky:naa.. Its ok.. I was being a jerk afterall..
Manik:so he knows.. Good..
Manik muttered but Nandini heard it and nudged at him with a cheeky smile.
They talked for a few minutes and then ended the call.
Nandini:he sounds genuine..
Manik:guyz.. I need to leave..
Manik's abrupt announcement shocked everyone especially Nandini. She turned to him with a lacy sad expression.
Manik:happy birthday Nandini..
Nandini with eyes pleaded him to stay but he seemed uninterested.
Nandini:I'll drop you..
Fab4:Nandini.. We should also leave..
Navya:haan its already late.. Hume bhi hostel pahunchna hai warna warden gussa ho jaegi..
Abhi:they're right tjese giyz also need rest.. Hum kal milte hai in college..
Nandini nodded sadly as she looked at Manik for one last time that night after which they all left.