Sleepy Journey Back

It was around 10 when Nandini was woken up to a bucket full of water.
Nandini:aahaaa..
She jerked up stunned by the sudden rainfall directly on her face. She opened her eyes and looked at Navya angrily.
Navya:hume aise mat dekho.. Tumhe pta hai time kya ho rha hai.. Hum tabse tumhe utha rhe hai..
Nandini sighed and again landed on the soft bed below but Navya pulled her back.
Navya:Nandu.. 10 baj gye.. Abhi hume nikalna tha.. Aur tum abhi tak soo rhi ho.. Bahar sab ready ho kar tumhara wait kar rhe hai.. Nandini:sab? Ready?
Reality hit her. Nandini remembered they had to go back to Mumbai. She jumped off the bed grabbed her clothes and rushed to the washroom.
She was back within 5 while Navya packed her stuff.

Finally after getting done with all the packing stuff they headed to the lobby while the bellboy got the luggage

Navya and Nandini reached the lobby but Nandini was still sleepy.
Cabir:finally.. Kaha the yrr.. Time dekho.. Its almost 11 now..
Nandini couldn't reply as she was already sleepy and had hardly paid attention to what Cabir said.
Cabur looked at both of them waiting for a reply from either of them while Navya turned towards Nandini expecting her to reply but to her surprise Nandini was not in her senses. She was swaying sleepily.
Navya:Nandu tumhe hua kya hai..
Navya said it a little louder in Nandini's ears to which Nandini got irritated.
Nandini:kya hai Navya.. Chilla kyu rahi ho.. Ek toh i slept at 3:30 last night aur ab tum.. Kya expect karti ho..
She almost shouted silencing Navya and turning all eyes to them. She rubbed her eyes and muttered a sorry realising that she had been too loud.
Cabir and the others kept silent seeing this side of Nandini but Manik decided to tease her while their druver got their mini bus.
Manik:kyu.. I mean why did you sleep 3:30 last night..
He smirked and Nandini looked at him irritatedly. She definitely wasn't liking any questions that time and Manik's question had surprised her all the more.
Though she had understood that he was trying to play around her but she was in no mood. She kept silent rubbing her eyes.
Manik:sab toh soo gye the after dinner.. Toh tum..
Before he could continue Nandini interrupted.
Nandini:haan.. I'm an owl.. I don't sleep at nights.. Last night also i was counting the stars outside.. Happy?
She said reluctantly and instantly stumbled on the sofa.
Manik gasped at her. He wondered if she was that cute always when she missed on her sleep.
Nandini:sorry sorry sorry..
Nandini muttered to the sofa as it was some person while she gathered herself back.
Navya:Nandu.. Tum baith jao..
Nandini:nhi.. Navya agar mai bauth gyi toh mai soo jaungi..
She said slowly while the others were gaping at her.
Just then the bus driver honked and they all headed outside.
Mukti Alya Dhruv and Cabir reached the bus and got in while Navya held Nandini's hand to help her sleepy body to reach the bus. Manik walked behind them to take care that none of them stumbled anywhere while Abhi and Aryaman popped up a little later.
Aryaman saw a sleepy Nandini and smiled at her cuteness.
Aryaman:Navya.. Mai help karu..
Nandini:guyzz I'm not handicapped.. I can walk..
She said and signalled Navya to leave her. She walked upto the bus with Manik still behind her.
Nandini:tum.. Jao pehle..
She pointed to Manik but he nodded in a no. Nandini looked at him with a grumpy face and he just smiled back and gave her a flying kiss to which Nandini's eyes widened.
She silently climbed up the bus and sat on the front seats while the others sat on the seats behind hers.
Nandini leaned on the glass of her window while Manik managed a way to sit beside Nandini.
The bus was even a smaller one than in which they had come and therefore it had less seats. Navya sat on the seat opposite Cabir's. While Cabir and Dhruv sat on the seat behind Nandini's. The last seat was vacant where they kept their guitars.
Abhi and Aryaman sat on the second last seat opposite to Mukti and Alya.
The journey started but Nandini was not at all interested in what others did.She slept as soon as she got her seat without even paying any heed to the person sitting beside her.She didn't even know who it was.
Navya took a quick glance at Nandini and sighed back in her seat.
Navya:hey mata rani..yeh larki kal raat ko aisa kya kar rhi thi jo isse itni neend aa rhi hai..pehle toh kabhi aisa nhi hua..
She said it a bit loud grabbing everyone's attention. Manik turned to look at Nandini who was already in a deep sleep. She had kept her head on the glass of the window to have a comfortable sleep but the sun rays falling directly on her face was disturbing her sleep. Her face twitched ibn irritation and Manik couldn't help but smile at her cuteness.
Manik's POV
she looked so cute even in her sleep. I wonder which part of her is the best. The one i am admiring right now or the one i was admiring last night. She speaks a little too much but i never get bored even when she talks of silly thing. This girl is definitely driving me crazy but i can not even stay away from her.
POV ended.
Manik shifted Nandini's head to his shoulder to avoid hinderance in her sleep.
Just when Nandini's head touched Manik's shoulder a smile crept on her face. Maink was surprised at the sudden change in her expressions.
Nandini snuggled more into him making herself comfortable on his shoulders. she wrapped her one arm around his arm and the around his waist while Manik just kept looking at what she did. He was speechless he didn't know how to react. He wondered if he should lether be like that or he should wake her up but he chose the first option and let her sleep like that.
They played few games and Aryaman tried chances to get to Nandini but Manik did not let him. To be precise he didn't anyone to see how Nandini was sleeping on him though on the inside he loved taking her in his arms but for others he knew it would become a topic of great discussion.
____________________________________
It was around 1 when Nandini's sleep got disturbed by the continuous honking of the cars. She shifted a little and snuggled more into Manik to avoid the irritating sounds from the outside while he just held on to her and admired her. Luckily all the others had also retired peaceful on their seats for a small nap except Manik.
Nandini slightly opened her eyes to have a look at her surrounding. She didn't have any idea about her closeness to Manik but she could feel a very warm and comforting aura around.
It felt as a fresh morning for her. She looked around and it was then that she realized that she had wrapped herself around someone. She looked up only to find a smiling Manik.
Nandini's POV
Those horns of those stupid cars had irritated me alot. I opened my eyes and it felt fresh. The cool AC breeze touched my face sending shivers down my spine but then suddenly I started feeling some warm and comfortable feel engulfing. I looked around to find myself hugging someone. I looked up to get the biggest sweet shock.
Manik.
Yes i had wrapped myself around him while I slept. That indeed felt embarrassing at first but the way he was smiling at me made me comfortable. I didn't want to leave him but then i had to or else it could've get even more embarrassing. I parted away.
Just when i was trying to fix myself back straight on my seat i felt a pull and I landed back on him.
"you had your sound sleep right?"he asked softly and I nodded.
"what about me then.."i looked at him confused. what about him?
"i am also sleepy.. Let me sleep.. Stay here.."he said authoritatively and i smiled. Something in me allowed me to stay in his arms. I can't deny that his arms have always been a secure and peaceful place for me. Everytime he takes me in his arms i feel like i belong there.
POV ended.
Manik closed his pretending to sleep though he wasn't sleepy but he just wanted her close to him.
Nandini admired his smiling face and then rested her head on his chest.
Nandini:Manik..
Manik didn't respond.
Nandini:i know you're not sleepy..
Manik opened his eyes but didn't know what to say afterall he was caught. But what he feared most was what if Nandini gets angry at his attempt of staying close to her.
Nandini:it must have been uncomfortable haina?
Manik could sense concern in her voice instead of anger. It confused him.
Manik:kya?
Nandini:i had been sleeping like this..
Before she could continue Manik shushed her and assured her that he wasn't uncomfortable.
They shared a small eyelock which was disturbed by Cabir's unintentional sleepy coughs.
Manik thought:jab jaagta hai tab bhi kabab mein haddi bana rehta hai ab soya hai toh bhi disturb kar rha hai.. Cabiraa..
Manik smiled while they stayed in the same position with Nandini busy listening to his rhythmic heart beats and Manik enjoying their togetherness.