Chapter 11 : Mr. Erratic

Start from the beginning

I sigh. ''Oh, Lils ...'' I pat the space on the couch beside me. ''Sit down. I have a lot of things to tell you that you missed out.''

And so I do. I tell her everything with Brooke adding things if I forget anything to say and making expressions on her face along with the story.

It's painful to relive it, but Lily deserves to know. I cut her out of my life, completely unintentionally. I don't want to put a distance between us again. There's already been too much of it.

I tell her how much I was preparing to admit to Braden that I love him.

Lily blinks her eyes a few times and the story hasn't even started fully yet.

''Don't start crying,'' I say horrifically.

She shakes her head, laughing. ''You can't just say that to a pregnant woman!''

I snort. ''Don't I know it ...'' I say sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

Lily gets serious and cocks her head to the side. I fall silent, too. I guess I left a tiny little detail out in my story ...

''You do, don't you?'' Lily asks absently, her eyes falling down to my stomach, her lips starting to curl up in a smile.

''Uh ...'' I flush again, biting my lip. My eyes flicker to Brooke and she's staring at us with raised eyebrows. ''I ... I'm pregnant,'' I tell her.

Lily breaks out into a full grin now. ''I made that much out. Welcome to the club, sister!''

She hugs me.

''How did Braden react to the news?'' Lily asks me all excited, wanting to hear that.

A deep sigh, filled with pain leaves my mouth and Lily's expression falls. ''My pregnancy was the reason we fought. And a cause that he left me. Along with me admitting that I love him.''

''Uh-oh,'' Lily hums, not really happy with this.

I tell her everything, trying not to leave anything out, and when I finish with the hurtful part, I think Lily is planning on booking a plane ticket to Norway, find Braden, and slap him across the face. With a table.

The thought is unsettling because Lily can hit pretty hard, but I remember she can't lift anything heavy because she's pregnant so that calms me down.

And then I tell her how he begged me to take him back, how he apologised and his explanation, to which Brooke grunts a, ''What a bullshit excuse.''

Brooke went to search for something to eat in the middle of the story and brought us all drinks – non-alcoholic, of course, much to the distaste of all, because it seemed we all kind of needed a glass of wine after that story.

''He was having a nightmare last night,'' I tell them both and they're eagerly listening. I didn't tell Brooke this yet so now she's sitting quietly like a good schoolgirl, giving me her whole attention. ''I was in the kitchen, drinking a glass of water, when I heard him shout out my name and when I came to the bedroom he was ... I've never seen him like that before,'' I tell them, remembering what a state he was in.

''He seemed lost, he was shaking in fear and he was filled with negative energy. He said he thought I left him because I wasn't there when he woke up. He also said a lot of sweet things to me, along with ...'' I hold my breath, both women leaning to me eagerly, ''that he loves me,'' I finish.

Brooke stands up, throwing her arms up. ''Hallelujah! Halle-fucking-lujah! Praise the Lord!'' she shouts dramatically and I start chuckling.

Lily has tears in her eyes. ''My God,'' she says, clutching her chest.