"Tommy, wait." Laurel placed a hand on his shoulder as he let go of the rubble. "It's Bren."

"Where is she Laurel?" Tommy questioned, fear pulsing at his mind and eating at his nerves. Laurel quickly came to her senses running to the other brunette that was trapped. Pressing her fingers to the girls neck, Laurel realized she was still alive.

"Tommy, we have to get this off of her!" Laurel yelled pulling beam off of the chunk on top of her best friend.

The oldest Merlyn stared down at his sister, dread pulling at his stomach. "TOMMY!" Laurel yelled, snapping him out of his trance. Bending down the two quickly pulled up on the chunk trapping her. Another rumble came from the building, just as more pieces came falling down and the fires from around them blazed brighter.

The two stared at each other. "Go Laurel! Get out of here!"

She shook her head, trying again to lift the rubble but failing. "LAUREL, GO! WE'LL BE RIGHT BEHIND YOU!"

Laurel glanced down at the younger girl one last time before pressing her lips to the older Merlyn. They broke apart to the groaning of the girl below them.  The two glanced down at the sister seeing her wake up before peeking back at each other. "Go Laurel," Tommy whispered. "We'll be right there."

She nodded with tears streaming down her face.  Moving her feet as fast as she could go, Laurel ran from the building, immediately being embraced by her father.

Tommy once again tried lifting the heavy chunk, only to stop when he heard her voice. "Tommy." It was a small, whisper but it echoed through his ears and into his heart.  Tears sprung to his eyes.

"I'm going to get you out of here Em. Don't worry." Staring straight into her eyes Tommy tried one last time, using all of his strength to get the rubble off of her.

Brennan felt the pressure leave her body for only a slight second.  Her blurry vision didn't stop her mind from knowing this was her chance.  As fast as she could, the young girl scrambled out from underneath the pile of debris ignoring the pain in her body.

Once Tommy knew she was out he let it fall before rushing over to her and wrapping his arms tightly around his sister's body. "Thank God you're okay Em."  He whispered into her hair. Tears falling from his eyes.

Another crash came from the other side of the room alerting the two that this was not the time nor the place to be doing this.  "Come on, we have to get out of here."

Following her brother's orders she stood, only to fall back down.  Sharp pain stabbed at her ankle vibrating up her leg. 

"Tommy, my leg, I-I."  She stumbled on her words pointing to her bleeding limb.  Tommy shook his head. "It's okay. It's okay. Here, grab onto my arm."
Lifting his sister's arm up, he wrapped it around his shoulder pulling her into a standing position. "Don't put any weight on it." She nodded lifting the damaged leg off the floor.They walked towards the exit with their arms around each other.

"We're going to be--" The older brother was cut off as an explosion blew through the building. 

The two siblings were thrown apart once again as rubble tumbled down.  Brennan's vision was cloudy as she opened her eyes.  Dust showered everything. "TOMMY!"  She screamed choking on a sob.