"So we're going to be parents?" I asked. "I'm going to be a dad? You're going to be a mom?"

       "Yes," Annalise said with a smile.

       "Yes!" I exclaimed before pulling her into a hug. "I can't believe we're going to have a baby!"

       Annalise laughed and hugged me back. "I know. It's weird, but amazing."

       I pulled away and gave her a smile. "We're going to be the best parents ever. I guarantee it."

       "Yeah," Annalise said softly and I couldn't help but notice the hint of sadness in her voice.

       "What's wrong?" I asked.

       Annalise sighed. "It's just....I haven't seen my parents since I moved out when I was sixteen. I've heard from them, but they didn't even show up for the wedding. I thought they would have come through, but they didn't. And now, having a baby....It feels weird not having them in my life."

       I stood up from the couch and pulled her up with me. "Then we will go visit them," I said.

       "Now?" she asked.

       "There's no time like the present," I said. "Look, I know they're not really fond of me, but I know they still love you. And if they do, then they should support any decision you made."

       Annalise stared at me for a bit before nodding. "Okay, we'll go. And I kind of wanted to tell them about the baby in person anyway."

       I gave her a smile and kissed her cheek before intertwining her hand in mine and leading her out of our house. We walked to the car and I drove to her parents' house. When we got there, Annalise took a deep breath before we got out of the car.

       We walked to the door and Annalise hesitated before finally knocking on the door. After a few moments, the door opened, revealing her mother, Delphene. "Annalise," she said, looking quite shocked. "And Kenny. I see you still have your lip piercing."

       If I wasn't married to Annalise and wanted to get along with her parents, I would have said, 'And I see you're still judgmental,' but I didn't. For Annalise's sake.

       So I settled with a simple, "Yup."

       Delphene looked at her daughter. "What are you doing here?"

       "I thought we could talk," Annalise said.

       "And you brought him?" she asked.

       "He's my husband, Mom," Annalise said. "Besides, it was his idea to come."

       "Oh, so you didn't even want to come?" Delphene asked.

       "No, I didn't mean it like that," Annalise said. "Of course I wanted to, but....You guys aren't even making an effort to fix our relationship. You didn't even show up to our wedding."

       "How could I when you were marrying him?" Delphene asked. "You know I don't support his kind."

       Ouch. And here I thought Annalise's parents were going to put that behind them.

       "Our kind?" I asked. "We're humans too. Just because we have different orientations, it doesn't mean we're a whole other species. And shouldn't you be happy that I married someone of the opposite sex?"

       "Not when it's my daughter," Delphene said.

       "You know what, Mom?" Annalise asked. "We came here to make things better. We came here, hoping to tell you something, and hoping you would be happy for us. But I guess not. After all, if you don't accept my husband, then I doubt you would accept any child that has his blood."