Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Cannon

"I'm dead serious, bring me Chinese food," I said into the phone. Hunter and Violet were on their way over to my house and Hunter was being a stubborn jerk.

"Why don't you get it yourself?" Hunter asked.

"Because I'm laying on the couch and I don't want to get up," I said. That, and Annalise was laying with me and I really didn't want her out of my embrace.

"So because you're a lazy ass, I have to get food?" Hunter asked.

"Yes."

Hunter let out a very long sigh. "Fine, I'll pick up Chinese food."

"Thanks, babe," I said. "And make sure it's for four."

"Four?" Hunter asked. "But there's three of us."

"No, there's four," I said. "My girlfriend's with me."

"You have a girlfriend?" Hunter asked. "Since when?"

"Since I asked out your mom and she said yes."

"Shut the hell up."

"Aww, is Hunter upset?" I asked with a fake pout. "You jealous?"

"No."

"I detect jealousy."

"And I detect a bitch."

"Ouch," I said before looking at Annalise and pulling the phone away from my ear. Annalise's head was resting on my chest and she was playing with the strings of my hoodie. "Hunter's being mean to me."

"You're kind of egging him on," Annalise pointed out.

"He's just jealous that he never got to date me," I said.

"Cannon? Yeah, I can hear what you're saying," Hunter said. "Look, do you want me to pick up Chinese food or not?"

"Yes please."

"Then shut up and stop being a little piece of snot."

"Hunter, are you on your period?" I asked.

His reply? Hanging up on me. Jerk.

"You're a really nice friend," Annalise said sarcastically.

"Thanks, I try," I said. "I hope he still brings me my Chinese food. By the way, how were you able to leave your house when I picked you up, anyway? You told me that your parents don't like you going out unless they know who you're with."

"They were both working," Annalise said. "So I told my grandpa where I really was going and he said he'll just tell them when they get back that I went to a study group." She then sighed. "I don't know if I can keep sneaking around, though. And we've only been together a day."

"Don't worry, it will all be figured out soon," I said, rubbing her back with my arm that was wrapped around her. Hopefully it would. I really didn't know what her parents had against me. I didn't do anything wrong except for being so attractive that it should be a crime.

"I hope so," she murmured, snuggling closer into me. "I'm really sorry about the way my parents act towards you. They have no idea what you're really like."

"It's okay," I said. "Really. Before I got into the whole performing thing, I got judged all the time. I still do, but it's okay. I'm still awesome."