01 ; cliff jumpers

"I'm just saying Natasha Romanoff could hit me in the face and I'd be glad."

These words fell from Sage Lucero's mouth as he made his way towards Jacob's garage. He rapped his knuckles on the plywood walls and pushed open the door that glided on the rusted chain.

"I'm more of a Wonder Woman kind of guy."

"No, you're a basic kind of guy for liking someone as boring as Wonder Woman." Sage shot back, moving towards Jacob's Rabbit and popping the hood open. Placing the stilt upwards and holding the hood up, Sage took the toolbox from Jacob's outstretched hand and placed it on the cart to his right.

"Fine," Jacob huffed, grabbing a wrench. "Who should I prefer then?"

"Black Widow." Sage insisted simply and that made Jacob roll his eyes once more.

"What's so special about Black Widow?" Jacob asked, pushing his sleeve upwards on his arms.

Sage gasped dramatically, placing a hand over his heart. "That's like asking what's so special about Iron Man."

Jacob's face contorted and Sage gasped once more.

"You don't like Iron Man either!" Sage shook his head, feeling a bit of grease glue itself to his arm. "I honestly don't understand how we became friends."

"Me either. Now get working." Jacob insisted, eyes set directly on the insides of his Rabbit. Both of them were silent for a few moments before Jacob was clearing his throat. "Do you know Charlie Swan?"

"The police chief?"

"Yeah, that's him." Jacob said, before drawling, "Did you know he has a daughter?"

Sage lifted his eyes away from the Rabbit's organs. "Where are you going with this?"

"Her name is Bella." Jacob's face got rosy slightly. "She's really great."

"So you have a crush on her?"

Jacob's cheeks tinted darker. "I don't know much about her but a few months ago I met her at the beach and she was flirting with me."

Quirking an eyebrow, Sage leaned against the head of the Rabbit. "Flirting how?"

"Like fluttering her eyelashes and commenting on how tall I was."

"Maybe she had something in her eye." Sage replied, watching as Jacob frowned. Sage held back a small smirk. "And everyone here in La Push is tall. She's probably not used to seeing someone of your size before."

"Maybe."

"But got for it." Sage stated, going back to fixing the Rabbit. "Maybe she was flirting with you."

"Now I'm not sure." Jacob mumbled, wiping his hands on the washcloth a few feet away.

"Jake, if she was smart, she'd totally be lucky to date you." Sage said, shrugging his shoulders. "You're my bro. I know you better than anyone else. If she can't see what a catch you are, then it's her loss."

"Thanks Sage." Jacob was smiling softly.

"Don't give me that look." Sage accused, pointing a finger at his best friend.

"What look?"

"The look you give me when you want to hug it out. Don't give me that look." Sage snapped, but his warning only made Jacob laugh and shake his head as he reached for a water bottle.

"You know, not everyone wants to hug you."

Sage scoffed. "That's where you're wrong, Jake. Everyone wants to hug the famous Lucero."