Chapter 4

Emily's POV

I sighed while walking towards the parked car with Mr. Parker's chauffeur standing outside. He opened the passenger door for me. After getting an earful from your boss you definitely do not want to work for them again. But I couldn't quit my job. I actually love it, Mr. Parker makes me work really hard but it's worth it in the end because he pays me really well. Plus I couldn't forget what he did for me. My monthly salary could even last me more than three months. I was even thinking of getting my mum to move into a better apartment by the end of the year. I have a lot of savings now from my salary.

"Miss will you please get in the car?" Michael said while giving me a disapproving look.

I got lost in my thoughts without realizing I hadn't gotten into the car.

"I'm so sorry" I murmured

He just ignored me and got into the car and started driving.

We got to the flower shop in about thirty minutes. The place was very beautiful and smelled of roses and hibiscus mainly. Michael opened the door for me and I got out.

"Hello" I said as I entered the building.

"I'm Emily Rivers, personal assistant to Mr. Dean Parker. Here to get flowers ordered by him" I said to the lady who looked about 35 years old.

The lady greeted me and she had a light French accent. "I'm Francesca Jean" she said to me and extended her hand to me.

I shook it and smiled at her.

While she ordered for the arrangement of the flowers, she led me to her office and offered me coffee and snacks. We chatted a little and I learned that she is a friend to my boss and Diana, Mr. Parker's younger sister and she is the owner of the shop. She was also married with twins, a boy and a girl.

The woman seemed really nice and I liked her very much. She talked so nicely about the family even Mr. Dean Parker, my boss. I wondered how a nice woman like her could stand an arrogant man like him.

After a little while she led me back outside and called Michael to get the flowers. We exchanged goodbyes and I got her card. We could become good friends. I thought.

********************

At 6:00 in the evening I left the office after Mr. Parker had left. I finished for the day early and felt happy I could do some grocery shopping before I went home.

At exactly 7:00 I was home. Immediately I got in I collapsed on the living room couch and kicked off the stupid heels I was wearing. I can't believe I still hadn't gotten used to the shoes even after so much practice.

"Hannah?" I called. Hannah was my best friend/roommate. We lived together in the apartment. She worked as a designer. She had great fashion sense and she was also a hair stylist and a makeup artist. Imagine me having a roommate like her and still suck at dressing. That's me for you.

"Hey Emily what's up? Please tell me you went grocery shopping because the fridge is EMPTY" she said emphasizing the empty.

"Yeah I got some groceries" I said smiling at her.

"So how's your hot boss doing" she said to me while raising her eyebrows.

"Oh my God. Hannah I'm hungry right now. Don't spoil my evening by bringing up Mr. Parker please."

"Alright alright. Go take a shower then we have dinner okay?" Hannah said while going back to the kitchen.

"Okay then. I'll be back in twenty minutes" I yelled while going to my room