Chapter 3

Dean's POV

I sighed as I recalled the events of the day while driving my Audi.

Emily clinging to Luke as if he was her life, staring at him with dreamy eyes. And he was staring back at her the way she was staring at him. I felt like strangling him to death. The thought of them together made me so furious that I didn't even realize I was gripping the stirring wheel so hard. I quickly loosened my grip on the wheel and tried to forget the thought of them together.

What was even wrong with me?

I was lost in my thoughts that I didn't even realized I reached my destination.

I started at my parent's mansion for a few minutes.  I turned off the engine and got out of the car.

I started walking towards the stairs and before I even reached the door, a maid opened the door for me.

"Good evening Mr. Roberts" the maid greeted. I think Laura was her name.

I just nodded at her and continued into the living room. I saw my mum sitting on the sofa and immediately she saw me she stood up with a huge smile and approached me.

"Good evening mum" I greeted her and smiled at her as she kissed me on the cheek.

"Oh Dean it's so good to see you, how are you doing?"

"I'm great mum, how are you?"

"I'm good sweetie". She said as she ruffled my perfectly jelled hair. Something I never liked.

"Where is dad and Diana" I asked her as I ran my hand through my hair to smoothen it.

"Right behind you brother". I heard Diana's voice say right behind me.

I turned and she quickly greeted me with a kiss on my cheek.

"Hello son, good to see you". I heard my dad's voice say

"Good evening dad". I greeted him. "Mum said you had something important to discuss with me"

"Yes dear, but first let's have dinner". My mum said.

"I've been starving". Diana said.

"You never get tired of eating, and you'll keep getting fat". I teased her.

"I'm not fat!" Diana told me angrily. She immediately placed her hands over her flat tommy. To be honest, I just liked to tease her. She wasn't fat at all. Not that she was skinny, but just the right size.

"That's enough you two, now let's go have dinner". My mum shouted.

We all moved to the dining area to have dinner.

The food was served by the maids. They made delicious lasagna. We had light conversations during dinner. The dishes were all cleared by the maids.

Mum, dad, Diana and I  went outside to the patio.

Dad's face turned serious all of a sudden and he turned to me."Dean, your mother and I have been thinking about this for almost a month now. You've been running the family business for almost a year now and it has been running smoothly. We just want you to have a good future."

"Dad, are you okay?, mum, what's going on, Diana, what's wrong?" I didn't know what to think. I started getting nervous all of a sudden. "Are you handling over the family business to Dylan?", dad you can't do that. I'm more experienced, he isn't capable. The company will be a disaster with him as CEO".

"No, come on, I can't hand over the business to your cousin Dylan. That's not the problem here". Dad said.

"Then what is it?" I asked immediately.

"We want you to get married son. The France investors called this morning and before they agree to sign the deal you must be above thirty years of age, and you are not up to that son. So we reached an agreement that you will get married before the end of this year and they agreed to it. That's the only way they will agree to the deal and. Son you know We can't lose this deal. They will cancel out once they don't hear from us by the end of the year. And you know it's just two months from now."

I stared at my dad "dad, I'm not getting married. I'm just 26 dad, I'm still young I will not get married. It doesn't matter if we lose this business deal. There are tons of other companies to do business with. I even got appointments to meet with some engineers in the middle east. The French people can cancel the business deal. It's not gonna affect the company dad."

"No son" my dad said "you will do as I wish and that is to get married"

I stared at him unbelievably "You cant make me do this dad you can't. I make decisions for myself" I was starting to get angry. I couldn't believe my dad.

"Listen to your father Dean. He knows what he is saying. He knows what's best for you" my mum chipped in.

"But mum...." I started to say

"No buts Dean" my mum said.

I just sighed and stayed silent

"Good son, we have already arranged your marriage in five weeks" my mum started to say.

"Diana help. Just look at what mum and dad are doing to me" I turned to my sister.

"Dean, everything has been arranged. You'll meet your bride very soon, she's my very good friend" Diana said.

"Will you just shut the fuck up? What's the matter with all of you? What's gotten into all of you? Why are you all suddenly planning a wedding for me?!" I yelled "and I don't have a say in the most important phase of my life"

"Son we know what's good for you. Please son this is like a life or death situation for me and your mother. The CEO of the French company is your mother's brother. We can't refuse a business deal with them. They are family. They will make our lives hell if we don't agree. Please understand son" my father pleaded.

"Yes brother don't let our parents down please. It will shatter them if you don't do as they say" Diana kept on pleading with me to agree.

My head kept on spinning and I didn't know what to say "Okay father. I'll think about it" I finally said.

"We have a meeting with them tomorrow you have to agree now so we will finalise the meeting" my dad said.

"Okay okay fine! I'll get married. But I'll choose my bride myself." I said while thinking.

"Thank you son. I'm so proud of you" my dad said and pulled me into a hug.

After the conversation I said goodnight and left for my penthouse. As soon as I got into my car, I dialed a number "I need to see you."

Vote and comment. Lots of love <3