School problems never end

****Sorry about the wait, since schools started i dont have as much time to write due to sports and homework. Thanks for your understanding****************

Dear Journal

For the past few weeks things have been pretty normal. No wolf attacks, no crazy shifts during class, and NO Damien showing up!!!  It’s been just amazing. Plus the four of us passed our 1st French test and Taylor and I made the volleyball team. (The boys made the basketball team) “La vie ne pouvait pas être mieux!” (Which is French for life could not be better) but for some reason I sense that something bad is going to happen. I don’t know what but my primary instincts is driving me crazy. Let’s hope I’m wrong for once.

Until next time

Lexie   

Just as I closed my notebook the bus horn sounded. I quickly collected my things and rushed down the stairs with my bag in one hand and my black sweater in the other. By the time I got outside I had one shoe on and the bus had disappeared down the road. Just great, I have a test first period and if I miss it then I automatically get a zero. I rushed into the kitchen to find Bentley sitting drinking his morning coffee and reading the paper like always. He looked up to the sound of my heavy breathing.

“Weren’t you on the bus?” he asked with a jumbled expression.

“I was in my room. I just missed it. Could you drive me to school?”

“My car is in the shop, you know that.”

“Then how am I supposed to get to school?”

“Why not call Taylor and get a drive with her?”

I pulled out my phone to see one missed text from Cole.

Cole: Lexie, Taylor wanted me to tell you that her bother couldn’t drive her today and to sit with her on the bus.

I was running out of options.

“Oh well I guess I’ll run.”

As I turned to leave the kitchen Bentley pulled out some money and handed to me for lunch. I complete forgot about lunch. I grabbed an apple and ran back outside. I quickly checked my watch to see that I only had 20 minutes to make it to school before first class started. I began to run. The icy wind wiped at my face as I ran, but it felt nice. I stopped to take a quick break half way out the driveway. I was breathing heavily already. Man, I was out of shape. I have to start running more. There was no way I was going to make it to school on time.  If only I was faster. If only… Suddenly I changed wolf. I scooped up my bag in my mouth and headed towards the school.

All my senses seemed to have heightened. I could hear the sound of the birds chirping, the noise of tires rotating on the cold cement. It made me feel so alive. Like nothing in the world could stop me, but as always the little pest in my life has to ruin it. I had the school in my sight just as something slammed me into a tree. I quickly got to my feet to defend myself but no one was there. I stood completely still as I scanned the woods for what had attacked me and found nothing. What hit me? Where did it go?

The school bell rang signaling that class starts in 5 minutes. I’ll figure out what happened later. Right now I have to make it to class. I shifted back and stepped out onto the school ground. I pulled out my phone I had a text from Taylor.

Taylor: where r u? You’re going to be late.

I put my phone back in my pocket and rushed into the school, down the hall and into the Science room.

“Ms. Stewart, how nice of you to join us. Please take your seat so we can begin our test,” my science teacher, Mrs. Pebbles, said in her normal grumpy tone.