the one where sirius black is seriously back

"With great powers come great responsibility. That's one way to go. With great powers also come the ability to rain down hell on those who prey on the weak, people who cannot fight for themselves."

THE WAY I FIGURED it, Sirius would be successful in hiding from the crowd in his animagus form. He actually made a scary dog but he was a sweetheart. We left the castle at noon the next day to find a weak silver sun shining down upon the grounds. The weather was milder than it had been all year, and by the time we arrived in Hogsmeade, all four of us had taken off our cloaks and thrown them over our shoulders. The food Sirius had told us to bring was in Harry's bag.

The three went into Gladrags Wizardwear to buy a present for Dobby while I spotted Krum amongst a gaggle of girls and marched towards him. The girls scowled at me as I pushed through them.

"Skyla'," he said, looking visibly relieved to see me here.

"Viktor," I nodded. "Can we speak?"

"Of course."

He made this huge show of picking up his jacket and standing up and running his hands through his hair and glaring at the gaggle of girls. I rolled my eyes. We walked down the cobblestoned path with him and all the while I worried if Draco would take it the wrong way if he saw me with Viktor. There was a large possiblity I was waiting for someone who possibly didn't want anything to do with me. Maybe the kiss had ruined our relationship. But I still wanted Draco. And I happened to be very adamant.

"Wot is it?"

"What the Skeeter woman wrote," I said and he scowled. "It's not affecting your career is it?"

"My career?" He cocked his head to a side. "That journalist cud write I tap dance in my spare time and it wud not affect the career I have."

"Thank God," I sighed. "I was worried you were mad at me-"

"Why wud I be angry?" He looked genuinely confused.

"Well," I shrugged. "You're interested in Hermione. I'd like it say that she has nothing to do with Harry. She's as much his sister as I am. And it was me who made you train me-"

"Vel," he laughed. "You ran after me. I tuk pity on you and taught you how to do it properly."

I rolled my eyes. "Well, thanks for that Viktor."

"I wish I hadn't," he said grumpily. "You are ahead of me now."

"That's on you," I raised my hands. "You're the one who cannot perform a perfect Transfiguration."

"Votever."

The gaggle of girls were flaring at us. We talked a little more until I saw the three emerge from the shop. It was nearly half past one. I bid Viktor a farewell and went with them.

We made our way up the High Street, past Dervish and Banges, and out toward the edge of the village. I had never been in this direction before. The winding lane was leading us out into the wild countryside around Hogsmeade. The cottages were fewer here, and their gardens larger; we were walking toward the foot of the mountain in whose shadow Hogsmeade lay. Then we turned a corner and saw a stile at the end of the lane. Waiting for us, its front paws on the topmost bar, was a very large, shaggy black dog, which was carrying some newspapers in its mouth and looking very familiar. . .

"Hello, Sirius," said Harry when we had reached him. The black dog sniffed Harry's bag eagerly, wagged its tail once, then turned and began to trot away from us across the scrubby patch of ground that rose to meet the rocky foot of the mountain. We climbed over the stile and followed. Sirius led us to the very foot of the mountain, where the ground was covered with boulders and rocks. It was easy for him, with his four paws, but the three were soon out of breath. I was fine, thanks to Viktor. We followed Sirius higher, up onto the mountain itself. For nearly half an hour we climbed a steep, winding, and stony path, following Sirius's wagging tail, sweating in the sun. Then, at last, Sirius slipped out of sight, and when we reached the place where he had vanished, we saw a narrow fissure in the rock. We squeezed into it and found themselves in a cool, dimly lit cave. Tethered at the end of it, one end of his rope around a large rock, was Buckbeak the hippogriff. Half gray horse, half giant eagle, Buckbeak's fierce orange eye flashed at the sight of us. All of us bowed low to him, and after regarding us imperiously for a moment, Buckbeak bent his scaly front knees and allowed Hermione to rush forward and stroke his feathery neck. Me and Harry, however, were looking at the black dog, which had just turned into Harry's godfather.