Precaution - Chapter 12

Start from the beginning

*

"Lamar!" When we pulled up to our apartment building, we saw Lamar walking in normally. My brother was finally healed, but I was surprised he didn't tell me he was stopping by.

"Hey princess." He said hugging me after I ran out of the car. "Dad came to get me, so I came here to surprise you and my girl." He said. I was beyond happy that he was okay, and I waited long enough to meet his girlfriend.

"Oh yeah, let me come with you to go meet her." I said to him.

"We coming too!" Renee said as they approached us, hearing our conversation. Of course she wanted to see the bitch. Jazmine and Jamie followed behind us with all of our guns still in our bags that we were carrying. I looked at a familiar car behind Jazmine's car. It looked like the same black car that was following me around, but a lot of people had black cars. 

When we made it to her apartment on the second floor, he knocked on the door with us eagerly waiting. As soon as she opened the door and saw us, she turned a pale white that only me and my girls' saw. She ain't even look happy to see her man. 

"Journey, this is my sister Lanay. And all my other sisters," I reached out to shake her hand and she held out a trembling one. I titled my head to the side, realizing she had burgundy hair and fair skin, just like the bitch in that... black car.

"Aren't you in all of Lanay's classes? You should know her pretty well by now," Jazmine boiled her, giving her a death glare. I looked at the girls as they all looked at Journey, immediately thinking exactly what I was thinking. 

"Do you have a black Nissan?" Jaz asked her bluntly and the girl nodded silently, still allowing us to stand in the hallway. "Fuck y'all detectives?" Lamar laughed, but he was the only one who didn't know what was going on. The girl's eyes darted back at forth at all of us as Lamar tried to figure out why the tension was so thick. 

"Come here," I told Lamar. He sensed my urgency as I pulled him to the side. "This bitch is a problem." He sucked his teeth and tried to walk back to her, but I grabbed him by the side of his shirt to let him know I wasn't playing. 

"What is you doin'?" He asked as he mugged me and tried to un-wrinkle his shirt. I told him the whole story from the first message I got to yesterday. He stood there in shock when I told him that I felt that Journey had been watching me. He glanced over at Journey, who stood at her door staring at us while the girls stood back. His eyebrows contorted as he tried to piece shit together, and I continued telling him what was going on. 

"And I got a feeling it was Breanna that sent the pics. She was at my school yesterday and was leaving out around the same time I was for lunch. She prolly doing all this shit for Cash. She can have him." I didn't even call that nigga Carter anymore. He was Cash.

"But I don't even think Journey like that bitch." He told me, damn near shattering my whole theory. I was still convinced though.

"So why the fuck are they doing it?" I asked myself more than I asked him. We heard the elevator ping open and we looked over to it. Our eyes widened to see Breanna walk out of the elevator with our cousin.

"Jamia?" Lamar and I both said in disbelief. They both looked scared as hell, then I instantly connected all of the dots. Blood ain't mean shit to her or her sister.

I walked over to Jamia as she tried to back up into the elevator. It was a good thing she had some extensions in to make it easier for me to drag the bitch. Journey ran into her apartment, but the girls ran right behind her as well as Breanna. I spared this bitch so many times- I was done being nice to her deranged ass. No wonder she knew about me and Carter. She was just as sick as her sister. I made sure to drag her into Journey's apartment so I could fuck all three of them up. She was kicking and trying to release my grip, prompting me to kick her in her face once we got into the apartment. I saw Jaz and Journey arguing while Breanna was trying to get in the middle of it. Jamie and Renee bucked up on her, letting her know that if she thought she was going to jump anybody she was going to have a rude awakening. 

"Yeah bitch, you gettin' fucked up in your own house!" Jazmine yelled inching closer to Journey. 

I let go of Jamia scary ass and stopped Jaz, letting her know I wanted to fight every single one of them on my own before I upper cut Breanna. She grabbed my hair and got a couple hits to my face until I dipped back and started throwing hard punches right at her face with no breaks. "I can't stand you weird bitches!" I confessed with each punch that landed on her. She finally fell to the ground and I kicked her right in her stomach with no remorse.

"Next!" I yelled once I saw Breanna wasn't moving anymore. Journey was in the kitchen, so I ran in there charging at her like a damn linebacker. She started hitting me in the face but I slammed her back against the stove making her stop. I damn near broke her back, making her bend over backwards hitting her head on the wall behind the stove. I wanted to see blood come from this bitch. I got her down to knee level and kneed her a few times in her face, completely energized from the adrenaline going through my body. I heard commotion behind me and the girls grabbed Jamia from trying to jump into the fight.

I slowly and cautiously turned around to face Jamia- and I saw red. I ran towards where I dropped my bag and pulled my gun out.

"Lanay, no!" Renee called out to me. I ignored her and started to pistol whip the shit out of Jamia, making the girls let her go. I knew that if I shot her, I would murder her. And nobody was putting me behind bars. This bitch always hated me and she was finally letting it be known. From the time Eman and I first met, she had something against me. I would catch her little attempts to try to break us up, admitting that she wanted him first, but I would always let it slide because she was my blood... silly me. I'd been real silly these past couple of days. Moving too fast with Cash, ignoring these stalking ass hoes, and not taking action from the first text message.

It all made sense to me now. Jamia was getting her revenge. I 'took' Eman and now she tried to take Cash. It worked. I should've known what she was up to when she asked me about him in my parents' kitchen. Was Jamilla apart of the plan to hurt me too or did she just want Eman? It didn't matter, I was hurt. My own blood wasn't even worthy of my trust. Jamia was willing to ruin my life over her own selfish needs.

"Lanay, you gon' kill her!" Jamie yelled snapping me out of my train of thought. I stopped pistol whipping her and I looked at her battered and bloody head, face, and abdomen. I climbed off of her and put my bloody pink gun back inside the bag, walking out of the apartment like it wasn't shit.