Raphael: Hunted

Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit, holy shit, HOLY SHIT!

I never should have let Case talk me into this. But after that long, emotional talk, we both needed some release. So we went out on the town. Big mistake. My mistake. I shouldn't have agreed. If I hadn't we'd never be in this mess.

There are Foot on all sides. It doesn't matter which way I turn, there are Foot. Foot in the alleys, Foot on the Rooftops. Casey hurt his leg. I've got him slung over my fucking shoulder, despite all his protests.

A wall of Foot Soldiers jumped out into the alley in front of us and I turned down another. I could hear their feet trampling on the roofs above us. "We're being hunted." I growled lowly, glancing back over my shoulder at the rapidly approaching Foot ninja.

As I ran, I looked back again, but was snapped out of it when a heavy thud sounded from in front of me. A feeling of intense dread ran up and down my spine. My lip curled in anger and disgust as I snarled, "Shredder." I could immediately feel the other Foot ninja pulling back.

So that was their plan. Corral us straight into their leader's clutches. My eyes narrowed. No escape. We're trapped here. Shit.

"Raphael." He sneered. I growled. "I am surprised to find you alive. I believe this is the third time you've managed to avoid death by my hand. Tell me, how many times do I have to kill you before you stay dead?" He asked condescendingly.

"What the fuck do you want?" I asked, my tone more scalding than acid.

"I marked you with my symbol in hopes of bringing your rat master out of hiding. But because you failed to die, it seems that it did not yield the desired effect."

"You talking about a fight, or a science project?!" I said insultingly. He bristled. I smirked. "So what? You come all this way just to finish me off?" I bared my teeth.

"Yes." He said coolly. That one word swept over me like a chilling breeze as the air went stagnant. I put Casey down and he grunted.

I turned back to Shredder and drew my sais. "Go ahead and kill me for all I care." I issued challengingly. "They won't. I'm not part of their family anymore." I stated evenly. I could just feel the smirk behind that mask of his.

"In that case, perhaps we could make a deal. Your life...for their worthless ones."

I pretended to be interested, and judging by the look on Casey's face, I'm doing a damn good job. Truth be told, I'm really just prolonging the inevitable. Hoping against hope that somehow an opportunity of escape will present itself. I raised an eye-ridge in mock-interest. "What's the catch?"

"You aid in my capture of them. You let them see that you're no longer weak. That they can no longer hurt you. You will show them that you have pledged allegiance to me!"

For a few moments I looked down, refusing to meet his gaze. "In your fucking dreams, asshole!" I said, my eyes flashing with rage.

"So be it." He growled.

I fought him off as long and as hard as I could. But I was not strong enough.

The sound of a blade slicing through flesh rang in my ears, echoed not long after by another slice, and then another, and another. Fuck... I scrambled back like a coward, trying to escape the reach of his blades.

I could feel the numbness beginning to take over as pain radiated through my body. A loud thud echoed through the night air as he kicked me in the plastron, flinging me back about ten feet. As I slid across the concrete roof, my hands going limp and my sais clattering down against the hard, grey surface.

After a long moment of inaction, I dared to lift my gaze. There was the sound of a scuffle. Casey...

Right now the human wasn't doing too bad, but his luck won't hold out for long. That I knew. I growled and forced myself up, ignoring the pain as I leapt up, grabbing Casey and tossing him off the end of the building. I watched him fall, letting out a sigh of relief as he grabbed the fire escape just in time to slow his descent. I lay flat out on the edge of the building and met his gaze. "Go." I coughed out. I could see the horror in his eyes. "Go..." I repeated, quietly, as I lost consciousness. As my eyes slid closed my final thoughts were: 

Go Casey, save yourself...