Chapter 4

Don't you hate it when you know you had a great dream, but can't remember what it was. All you know is when you woke up, you felt lighter somehow and happier. When you do get up, you feel like one of those girls on commercials stretching your arms wide while still looking beautiful. Well that's not what's happening to me now. I woke up from a happy dream that I can't remember yes, but when I opened my eyes all I seen was Blake's face only inches from mine.

When I screamed he jumped back. "Gah! What the hell Blake, you scared the crap out of me!"

He also looks scared, sitting straight up with his eyes opened wide. "Uh, well I was checking to make sure you were okay." If I was okay? What does he mean if I was o.... That's when it all came back to me. Being at the Alpha's house, hearing the story and fainting.

"Oh My God, I fainted in front of everyone didn't I?"

"Ya, but I don't really think anyone even noticed"

I can tell he's trying to make me feel better, but I'm still mortified. My first time meeting everyone and they're all going to think I'm a loser. Great, they don't even know about my secret and I'm already going to be a reject. Freaking perfect.

I started to sit up since I was feeling uncomfortable laying down near him. He starts to reach for me and I can already feel light sparks running near my arm where he is almost touching. He must have felt them too since he stopped and retreated his arm, apparently changing his mind. I'm going to pretend that didn't bother me any.

"What are you doing? Shouldn't you stay laying down for a little while?" he asked

I just wave him off. "No I'm sure I'm fine, I probably just fainted because I haven't ate much today."

Even though I'm not looking right at him I can see the smirk on his face from the corner of my eye. "You mean since you had your lunch in the bathroom, hiding from me?"

"I uh .. you ... what? No, I don't know what your talking about. I was simply hiding from .. a um .. squirrel."

Once again he looked at me like I was crazy yet amused. "A squirrel?"

"Yes, I think it had rabies. Or the plaque, or hell maybe it was the beginning of the zombie apocalypse!" Okay, I understand why he thinks I'm nuts now. I've always been horrible at lying. But that's my story and I'm sticking to it. For now at least.

"ooookay, then maybe we should go outside for some fresh air."

I inwardly groan. "Great so everyone here can laugh at me"

He looks at the ground looking embarrassed. "Well you see, I'm not sure what came over me, but when i saw you fall .." But before he could finish I cut him off. "Wait, you were at the party?"

"Yes, I'm just very good at hiding in the shadows" Huh, I would have thought i would at least have noticed he was there. I don't know usually what happens with mates, but i figured i would have realized he was close by, like felt a connection or something. He must of noticed the confused face I had because then he said. "Mates only start feeling their mates presence or a weird connection, that I still don't understand, until they are fully mated." oh, well now don't I look crazy AND stupid.

However, he didn't look like he thought I was stupid, so that's a good sign. A sign to what you ask? I have no clue, I just felt relieved my mate didn't think I was an idiot.

"So anyways" he says " Like i was saying, when I saw you fall, I ran over to you, scooped you up and ran you back to my place."

I started looking around the room. That's when I noticed that it was indeed a teenage boys room. A poster of Meagan Fox was on the ceiling over the bed I was currently on, in the center of the room. Figures. There was a desk against the wall right under a window that faced the street. Then, there was a TV on the far wall in front the bed. With some game consoles near it, and games scattering the floor.

"I'm going to go ahead and assume this is your room?" I asked.

He didn't answer just stared at me and gave me a slight nod. All of a sudden I started getting nervous. I'm currently sitting on his bed, in his room, alone. I start to get the usually nervous feeling, my hands started sweating and I can feel my heart hammering away in my chest.

So I decided to change the subject. I cleared my throat, since it was suddenly very dry. "So, why did you wisk me away to your lovely abode?"

"I don't know, I just knew that I needed to protect you, and this is just where I ended up." Aw, well that's kind of cute. Wait, what am I thinking, I can't get all mooshy with him, I need to stay away from him. But, just the thought of staying away bothered me more than I would have liked.

I decided to make it seem like it was no big deal. "Oh, okay cool. Well thanks, but I think I really should get going." It was more of a half truth. I did need to get going, but only because I needed to ponder the story the Alpha told.

"Are you sure? Maybe we can shift, and go for a run. It might make you feel better." Well that's a definite hell no. I most certainly can not let him see my wolf. So far I like it here and I don't want to have to move again for being rejected. Plus, the thought of leaving him sent a sharp bang in my chest.

"Uh, no that's ok. Maybe some other time."

For a split second I thought I seen hurt pass on his face, but he masked it so quick that maybe I just imagined it. "Okay then, let me just drive you home." I was going to protest, but then realized that I didn't even know where he lived. And knowing my luck I'd get lost. So i just nodded. When I went to stand up, I wobbled a bit. "Are you sure you're feeling good enough to walk?" He asked. "Ya I'm good just got a little dizzy, but I'm okay now."

Went left his room and went down the stairs and right out the front door. I was a little sad that i didn't get to see the rest of his house. Maybe some other time. Wait, no Abby there can't be a next time. This whole mate business is really starting to get on my nerves. Just walking near him down the driveway to his car, makes me want to jump him and do some naughty things.

I hop in his car and wait for him to get in. When he does, all I can smell is him. His woodsy, yummy, delicious scent. When he got in I also noticed him get stiff. Maybe he feels the same way as I do, but he is also fighting it like me. At school when we were in the closet, I remember him saying he didn't want a mate. So this might end up amazing and we both go our separate ways and live happy lonely lives. Or, one of us cracks. We've only been near each other twice, and I'm loosing this battle. I just want to stick my face in the crook of his neck and sniff. I'd probably end up purring. Which is odd since I'm not even a cat.

I felt the car stop and got out of my daze I was in and looked around. We were in front of my house. That was fast. Or maybe it wasn't, and I was just in my own little world.

"You daze put a lot, you know that?" he asked, once again looking amused.

"Yes, so I've been told. So, thanks for the ride, and also uh, for taking me to your place. I think I would have been mortified if I woke up with a bunch of people I didn't know surrounding me."

"Well, technically I'm a stranger to you also." Yes I suppose he is, but he doesn't feel like one. I actually feel quite comfortable with him. Considering my track record I never really had real friends or anyone I could be myself with.

"Right" I say "Well thanks anyway" Now I'm confused, do I just wave and get out? Or hug him? That might be a little risky, if I get close I wouldn't be able to just stop at a hug. So that's when it happens. My nerves got the best of me and I made a fast decision. I lifted my hand up palm facing him. He looks at it for a second then slowly lifts his hand up unsure of what he was doing. And gives me a weak high five. Yep that's right! In my panic state I gave him a high five. Who the hell does that?? Who I ask you? Who?! So I don't make this encounter anymore uncomfortable. I mumble bye really fast and hop out of the car. I walk really fast to my door and open it. Before I enter I couldn't help but look back one last time. He was still sitting in his car in front of my house. He was staring at his hand that I gave him my awesome (not really) high five. And when I shut the door I had a slight smile on my face. Because I noticed when he was staring at his hand, he also had a slight smile on his face.

A/N okay guys here is chapter 4! It might be a little short, but in my defence wrote it on my phone lol. Hope you like it! Vote and comment please! :) - Cheryl