Chapter 3 - Where is Tony?

Start from the beginning

That’s when I knew, we were definitely in a fucked up situation. 

I clear my throat and bite my bottom lip, think this straight Ex... I sigh and shake my head. I have nothing here, nobody holding me back. Mom and Dad are alright, and I’m basically alone in this situation. Well, I have Eve, and my job is to protect her now. She’s the only family I have, and her family is the one she is looking for. Tony. We need to find him. And Kate, and Cope. For Kellin’s sake. And Matty... we’ll figure it out.

Alright, this is what we’re going to do.” I raise my voice, strong, “We’re heading to the place where the concert’s suppose to happen, crew and managers often keep track bands in an office somewhere there. We’ll have to drop there to find Tony, and from there, we go find Kate and Cope. And after all of that, we’ll try and figure out our way to Paris.” I smile, more confident then I intended. 

Matty smiled, “Thanks, but that seems a bit..”

“Too good to be true?” I ask, raising an eyebrow a bit, releasing a chuckle, “Yeah, that’s life brother.” I hit on the peddle harder, and take a left.

“You know where we were playin’ next?” Kellin asks, raising an eyebrow, surprised.

I smile, “I do my research.” I shrug, and my eyes widen seeing cars blocking the way. I stop the car, and let out a hiss.

“What’s going on?” Eve asked, worriedly.

“Blocking the way, we better head there walking.” I reply, scanning the area. As I looked, the sidewalk was cleared up, but people were around, panicking. And some policemen tried to keep everyone calm, but it wasn’t working. 

“There must be another way.” Eve pressured.

“Well we don’t have much time.” I hesitatingly grabbed my bat, and looked over my shoulder. “Listen, I know I sound reckless, but you have to help me. It’s fine if you don’t, you can stay in the car. I know you guys can drive.” I reply, relaxing my shoulders, sounding relaxed as possible.

Kellin stared at me, longingly, almost hesitatingly but he let out a sigh. He shook his head and looked up at me straight in the eyes, “Yeah well, I’m coming with you.” He shrugs, sighing a bit.

Matty looked at him and back at me, looking at us if we just said something in a foreign language. “I’m in, then.”

Eve stared at us and sighed, “I’m not staying alone here. I’m coming with you.”

I smiled, “We’ll all have our backs okay? Some people seem to be in their sixth senses, we can still get in though.” I hook my bag over my shoulder, and grab my bat tight, “Let’s roll.”

We head out the car, and see some people running to their cars, or running away. I looked close, realizing some were chasing others. Which was odd, it’s not that they were playing ‘tag, you’re it!’ because last time I checked, we were normal. I started running across the street, and down the sidewalk, seeing the building closer. Shops surrounding it, and they seem to be packed. Very packed. I sighed, and looked over my shoulder, seeing the guys following me. Maybe the self consciousness, kept me nervous and alert at the same time, It feels like I just drank coffee. But I didn’t.

I hit the glass with the edge of my bat, causing the glass door shatter to pieces. I snaked my hand through the broken pieces, and turned the knob over, and pushed the door open.. Stepping inside, I looked around noticing the place being empty, but I could hear shouting. 

“Alright, where should the manager room be?” I mumble, gripping my bat tighter.

“Um, second floor, I think.” Matty blurted out, sounding unsure.