Chapter 2 - Livin' With a Stake On My Throat

Now this is where you'll probably be like, what the fuck is going on. Guys, i hope you dig this. or i'll just idk not know what to do. this is for you anyway.

- - -

c h a p t e r  2 :  L i v i n ‘  W i t h  a  S t a k e  O n  M y  T h r o a t .

I try and text Evie, but my phone keeps saying no signal. I sigh and look out the window once again, seeing the destruction outside the apartment. This might be a dream, I mean, I tried pinching myself but It didn’t work. And that sucks big time. 

“Shit, man.” I growl, “Good thing I played those survival games with Pedro.” I chuckle, and grab me a bat and tuck my kitchen knife into the holster wrapped around my thigh. 

As I pass by my reflection, I notice the reflection of myself wear black mini shorts and high heeled boots, accompanied a Sex Pistols t-shirt and black trench coat. I sigh and grab my back bag, and pack in some food, some first aid kit stuff, and some other helpful stuff. After I do so, I take a nice grip on my baseball bat, and walk towards the door.

Hearing a thud, I lean against the door, trying to listen on the other side. 

“EX! EX!” 

I jump back, startled at the loud punching against the door, and soon recognize the voice. It was Evelynda. I yank the door open and she runs in, gasping for air, practically panting. I shut the door behind me, and locked it good. I turn around and see her leaning against the wall, holding her chest, breathing heavily. Her band t-shirt was ripped into shreds, and practically her bra was showing, and jesus was she packed. 

No homo.

But anyway, she was a mess, and a trickle of blood trailed down from her forehead. And she had bruises on her arms. But the cuts weren’t that open.

“Hey, take deeps breathes,” I whisper, grabbing a couple of bandages in my first aid kit, and start wrapping it around her scraped skin, and press a gauze on her forehead. 

She inhales deeply, and starts breathing fast. “Am I going crazy, or what?” She chuckles faintly.

I sigh, “Well, I don’t know.” I chuckle and give a small smile.

She sighs and holds the gauze on her forehead and pushes herself off the wall. 

“Did anybody follow you here?” I ask, crossing my fingers.

She chuckles, “Well, the front door maybe crowded a bit.” She replies nervously.

My shoulders fall, and a frown invades my lips in dissatisfaction. “Great.” I mutter, sarcastically.

“Now what? Are we gonna get killed by those sons of bitches?” She exclaims, terrified.

I roll my eyes, “Great, now you decide to watch supernatural?” I ask, completely shocked.

She shrugs, “Guys’ hot.”

I chuckle, “Alright here’s my plan,” I reply, “Stay calm okay,” I smile, and she just rolls her eyes. 

“Alright... How am I suppose to stay calm?” She asks, completely annoyed.

I smile, “Hey, here’s a bat, use it to anybody who attacks you, okay?”

“Wow, so those survival games you played with Pedro payed off.” She chuckles, amused.

I roll my eyes, “Yeah, now try not to really die in the first round like in the game.”

“Hey I’m an expert now!” She defends.

I chuckle, “Alright, now you see, I have a fire escape right there, we climb off it, and hijack a car, and get the hell outta here.”