Chapter 1

“Alexandra go to your room you are GROUNDED!” My mother screams again, I’m pretty sure that she has killed the dog’s eardrums by now.

“I didn’t do anything wrong!” I spit back at her, even though what I said wasn’t completely true I was still getting mad at my mother.

“You know the rules Alexandra! Why did you disobey them?”

“Because you say that I can’t go to any of my friend’s parties!”

“So you threw one yourself!?”

“Yeah and I really enjoyed having all 300 people here.”

“Room. NOW!”

“Whatever!”

I turned around and ran to my room, my long legs taking me up three stairs at a time and my gray blue eyes filling with tears the farther up I went. As soon as I got into my room and slammed the door shut. I started crying like a maniac, and wiping the tears with my long brown hair. I pick up my new iPhone 4 and smile at it, thinking about when my parents gave me and my boyfriend Michael a white and black set on our birthday.

Michael… What can you say about a boy that is so perfect, but has just recently made you feel like you deserve death? Well, I guess we can start from top and go down. Michael has the most beautiful brown eyes with his perfectly cut brown hair. He is 6ft 3, but that doesn’t matter because I am 5ft 10 so we are close enough. Michael and I have been dating since junior year in High School and we are going to be seniors this coming up year, but tonight we did something that no one should ever do outside of marriage.  I need to get out of this house, even for a little while, but then I thought about the conversation I heard my parents having the night of my first date.

“She is not going to go out and do… that yet she is only 15!” My mother shouted trying to talk sense into my father.

“Exactly! That boy is the same age, they can get carried away!”

“Just trust them.”

“Fine, but if she goes out and does it with him she better hope that she can get out of the house before I find her.”

Hope I get out before he finds me; those words have been floating through my mind since we did it. Those words have officially decided my destiny for me; I need to run away. I can’t do it on my own though; maybe I don’t have to.

I start setting up a three way conversation with my best friends, Eve Wether and Jo White, if I can convince them to come with me when I run away then it will be easier.

“Hello?” Eve said in her ever so cheery voice, “Alex what’s up?”

“Yea why did you call us my friend?” Jo said in her usual voice that screams, ‘mischief is in progress.’

“Guys, I made a mistake and I can’t face my parents because my dad will throw me out of the house… I’m running away, but I want you guys to come with me.” I said in a very sincere and depressed tone. I’m scared that they will say no too, so that obviously isn’t helping.

“What did you DO!?” Eve yelled so loud that I had to hold the phone a foot away from my ear.

“I just made a huge mistake tonight at the party.”

“Did you get drunk?” Jo asked, I wasn’t sure if she was serious or not.

“Did she seem drunken Jo?”

“No…”

“Ok, so what happened Alex, I need to know.”

“I-I…” I couldn’t tell them, they wouldn’t understand why I did it; they might even stop being my friends after they figure out what I am.

“Come on we won’t laugh… maybe.” Jo said, I guess she was trying to make me laugh, but right now it’s not working.

“IsleptwithMichael!” I practically screamed into the phone, I didn’t want the whole world to hear, but they were getting on my nerves.

Eve tried to calm me down by saying, “Alex, honey, you talk way to fast. Slow down.”

“I-I…” I took a deep breath to calm me down and tried again, “I slept with… Michael?” I said it more like a question, but when I heard the sharp intake of breath I knew that someone just got why I am in such a terrible situation.

“ALEXANDRA ROSE JOHNSTON YOU DID WHAT!?” Eve screamed. Ok maybe this wasn’t sympathy; this is my best friend getting really P-Oed at me.

“I didn’t mean to, it just happened!”

“ALEX THAT IS VERY BAD!”

“I realize that Eve, why do you think I am getting away from here!?”

“I figured it was bad but that is just terrible!”

“Why did you do it?” Jo interrupted the argument between me and Eve, “I mean you know that it’s wrong right?”

“Yes I know it’s wrong, but we are… were, 18 year old virgins, we made a stupid mistake and as soon as my dad finds out I’m out on the street anyway.”

“Oh well… I’ll go with you then; you will need me to protect you.”

“Thanks Jo. Eve? Do you hate me now?”

“… No. Disappointed? Yes, but I can never hate one of my best friends. I’ll go too, my dad has been really depressed and I doubt he will notice that I’m gone.” Eve sounded sad; I can see why though. Her mother died in a plane crash one year ago and her dad has been so depressed lately that he doesn’t even notice us coming in and out of his house every day after school.

“Thanks guys. Meet me at our tree at around midnight ok?”

“Got it!” my two companions say in unison before hanging up.

I started packing everything that I could possibly take with me; a picture of me and my parents in Hawaii, a couple pictures of me and all of my friends, my Mac book Air, my iPod, my clothes, my favorite converse, and my piggy bank filled with at least $200.00 in change. I am going to have to stop by the bank and get a bunch from my account, but for m=now I need to focus on other necessities.

I decide to write a not to my parents and it read, “Dear mom and dad, I’m really sorry but I have to leave this place. I can’t explain it to you, but know that I love you. Your daughter, Alexandra Rose.” Now the hard part, separating myself from my family forever. God help me, please.