Chapter 3 - Be A Gentleman

Start from the beginning

"Look they're jealous. That's all. And yes I have noticed the glares but I ignore them. Just think positive. You're hanging out with one of the popular and hottest guys at this school. And not to mention he is extremely nice and caring. And he actually looks really worried because we couldn't find you."

"I don't know." I mumbled.

"C'mon. Just ignore the stares and focus on us."

I nodded then followed her out the bathroom. Most of the hallway was clear because everyone was eating. We walked down the hall til we made it to the cafeteria. I kept my head down as we walked over to the table. I sat down in my seat which had Noah beside it.

"Where were you?" Noah asked. I looked at him and forced a smile.

"I was just fixing my hair." I lied. He seemed to accept the lie and he started to eat his food.

"Girls and their hair." Everett said rolling his eyes.

"Guys and their..." Jessica tried of think of a come back but she got stuck. We laughed as she sat there with a puzzled look. "Hey! I'm going to figure out a comeback! Just give me a minute.." She defended.

"Don't think to hard. I don't think your brain is use to alot of thinking." Everett said with a smirk on his face.

Jessica hit his arm. "You're so mean!" She laughed/yelled.

"And that hurt." Everett said putting his hand over his heart. Jessica rolled her eyes.

"I'm gettin suffocated by y'alls flirt fest." I said making both Jessica and Everett blush and smile at each other.

"And you just said that really country." Noah chuckled.

"What can I say? Born and raised in the south." I shrugged with a smirk.

Wait since when did I smirk?

"Since now." Jessica said.

Did I say that out loud?

"Yea, you did." Noah laughed.

I rolled my eyes at my stupidness. As Jessica and Everett jumped into a conversation-- probably flirting-- Noah decided to start a conversation with me.

"So since tonight is going to be your first football game in a while, I think I should give you a refresher of how football works." Noah exclaimed.

"Ok. I'm all ears." I said.

"So there's offence and defense. Offence is the team that is trying to score a touch down and defense is the team trying to stop them from scoring a touch down." He explained.

"What are we?" I asked. I had a feeling what I just asked was a really stupid question by the way Noah looked at me.

"We switch off. Like if our schools team starts off offence then the other team is defence and then we switch." He explained.

"Oh." I said and nodded. Then he started talking about a fumble, a first down, a quarterback and a receiver. Lets just say I got really lost and I have no idea what he is talking about. Yes I use to go to football games all the time but I stopped going and I never knew what was going on when I use to go and I still don't understand. After five minutes of explaining football to me he took a pause then spoke again.

"You have no idea what I'm talking about, do you?" He asked.

"Nope." I said. He shook his head then smiled.

"Ok so when our school cheers we make a touchdown but if they boo the other team made a touchdown and then when they get quiet its because someone is hurt." He explained.