The Conversation

By now, all of us have established the fact that Espers, Time travellers, and Aliens exist. And no matter how excited it makes you feel, trust me - it's not. You have to risk your life every day hoping that you won't get killed by someone who you earlier considered even remotely normal. Take my word for it, never trust anyone. I repeat, never trust anyone. Why am I saying all this? I don't know. I won't deny it, but there were a million times when I wished I'd get my normal life back - but somehow, I always changed my thoughts because this life is dangerous, no doubt, but it is addictive. This reminds me of Haruhi. How, you might ask? She's addicted, or should I say, she's suffering from this incurable disease that makes her believe that she'll find something mysterious in our town.

"I'm not interested in ordinary people. If any of you are aliens, time travellers, or espers - please come see me. That is all."

I still remember how I met her - that eccentric introduction she gave when she joined North High. Moving on, here we are. I still think talking to her was just a coincidence. I just 'happened' to notice her changing hairstyle and I just 'happened' to comment on it.

Beep, beep, beep - the alarm went on. It was of no use anyway, I was already wide awake. I got up, and switched the alarm off. Suddenly, my phone rang. I picked it up.

"Umm, hello?" I spoke after clearing my throat.

"Come see me at the club room!" the voice on the other side spoke. I knew it was Haruhi, but somehow my brain didn't believe that.

"For what?" and before I could even continue, she hung up.

What could it be this time? Who does she think she is? Why does it always have to be her giving the command and asking others to obey them? What's the time?

12:09 PM - the digital clock on my side table read. It's still afternoon, and isn't it a Sunday today? Why would she call me to meet her at this time of the day? I shall not go. Having said that, I still think there might be a considerable reason for her to call me, but as we all know, Haruhi isn't that type - she demands presence even if she is just bored. I think I should go. Who knows what she might have done this time. As soon as I made up my mind, my phone rang again.

"Hello?" I spoke.

"Hey!" It was Koizumi. "Miss Suzumiya has called for an urgent meeting. I am assuming you haven't left your bed yet."

That pissed me off. How can he just subtly label me as lazy? Not that he's wrong - but you're not supposed to be saying things like that!

"I will be coming over to your house, and we shall go together." he spoke.

"What? Okay. Is there something you want me to hear before meeting her?" I asked.

"Let's just say that should be your least concern at the moment."

Wow. I wonder if there is another closed space, or some kind of a Celestial who is ready to gulp the entire city again? It can be anything! Oh man! Please don't bring me into all of this. I want to just go back to sleep.

"Al-right, then." Koizumi interrupted my erratic thoughts.

I hung up the phone, and made my way down stairs.

"Kyun!!! You're awake!" My little sister screamed on top of her lungs.

"Good morning!"

"Kyonkun, you are taking me to the park today!"

"Kyon- WHAT?" I asked her again. Please just stop calling me that already. I don't want another nickname. She just smiled back at me.

"You are taking me to the park today!"