Prologue

How should I put this? The autumn had just set in and it already looked like something was going to change. It was as if the "Weather Gods" decided to play random for a while. It was unusually cold. Maybe it was just this room, or the Gods must really be bored.

As I rubbed my palms, I looked around only to find Miss Asahina pass her heavenly tea to Koizumi.

"Oh. Thank you." He spoke giving out his ever-creepy smile.

Miss Asahina just giggled and moved towards me.

"Here, Kyon. Let me know if you like it!" She handed over the tea to me.

Oh, for Heaven's sake! Any tea pot that is touched by Miss Asahina magically turns the contents into heavenly elixir. I took a quick sip just to prepare my body for this amazing beverage, and oh my! I find it difficult to explain how magical the feeling was. Maybe she has a secret ingredient or something? Whatever it is, it surely works! Just when I decided to drink in a little more, I almost dropped the tea cup in a shock.

"Arrgh!" Haruhi huffed out with that irritated look on her face, scratching her hair in utter confusion. Will this girl ever learn to stay normal? She had her legs folded on top of that chair. Hell, I can never imagine Miss Asahina sit in that posture.

What is it now? I thought.

"Kyon!" she shouted on the top of her voice almost waking up the sleepy Computer Club.

I didn't bother asking what the reason was. I knew she was bored. Well, that's Haruhi - our SOS Brigade leader. What do we do? Chase down mysterious happenings around the town. And what have we found so far? Nothing!

"Don't just sit there! Do something!!" she commanded.

"About what?" I politely asked.

"It's been so long since something weird happened!" she shouted.

And when was the 'last' time something remotely supernatural happened? I hope to wake up one day and see Haruhi Suzumiya as a normal girl. That would be fun!

She stared at me for a few seconds, and suddenly I could see a smile creep up on her face. I knew what it meant - it meant run, hide or do whatever you can before she decides to take control of you!

She got down of that chair almost in a jiffy and without any second thoughts, held my collar and tried to drag me out of my seat.

"Hey!" I rebelled, pushing her hand away from me. "What is up with you? Can't we just sit here for sometime?"

"If you want to be lazy, you should resign as the member of the SOS Brigade. We don't sit here and do just nothing! Come on, we have to go!" She spoke with that sparkle in her eyes as she grabbed my hand and finally pulled me out of my chair. What's gotten into her?

My tea, oh my tea! Please Haruhi, let me at least finish Miss Asahina's tea? I could only think about telling it to her, of course, it was of no use, she wouldn't stop. She pulled me out of the club room, and looked back inside.

And that, if I had only known, became the reason for all the troubles in my near future. Hmph.