23• Under attack

En başından başla

"What do you want." She bit bravely, fixing her increasingly steady gaze directly ahead seeing only the shadows of the ceiling.

"I want you to stay put like a good little girl ." It grated. "I have a job to do."

Outrage pooled in the bottom of her gut.

Again she felt that sticky slimy tongue against her knees, completely degrading her sense of self.

"Does your job include taking me by force?" She retorted, pushing through weakness with the ire coursing through her veins, "Isn't that damaging the package you've been sent to deliver to your master?"

The tongue paused.

"That's right. I'm not stupid." She growled, "It doesn't take a genius to figure out why you're here. Why you've brought me here however? Into a basement? Instead of tossing me right over the wall? Ha!" Her eyes crinkled with madness as she felt the build up of a laugh in her throat, "Your silence has told me enough."

It told her everything she needed to know.

He wanted her alive. Whatever purpose she served he needed her brought to him alive, uncorrupted.

He couldn't have the last pure piece of heaven returned to him tainted.

Amos, despite also being an angel— she knew why no one pursued him. She also knew that wasn't his birth name.

What she didn't know was why he chose to watch over her all of these years but in her current situation it was the last of her worries. Her eyes darted across the room scoping the size, her blood still metallic on her tongue.

Could she even harness the wind safely in here? It was too dark... would it cause the storage to collapse and weight of the cupboards crush her? She had survived plummeting into this world, surely she could withstand it?

Something told her this monsters choice of room was intentional.

"It's no secret you are the last sacrifice." Whispered the disembodied voices, further away now. She wouldn't allow it's gibberish to confuse her, but that quickly lost priority as the voice inched closer to her face once again. "As much as your blood calls to me...."

Aura was suffocated by rancid breath.

"Just one taste..." she could feel it's internal struggle by the way it started to shake against her. Panic lodged in her gut as she urged the strength in her limbs to lash out against the weight— but it was useless.

The angel felt her chest hum and splutter with her hesitation to call the wind to her aid.

How is it that she could withstand plummeting from the skies, but one chaotic trip across the ground glittered her limbs with cuts?

She had to get out of this.

"One...."

A scream of desperation tore from her lips, expressing her fury and helplessness. There was a nose at her throat, breathing her in. The invisible grip tightened, cutting the circulation to her hands at her futile attempt to wrench herself free.