IMAGINE: Sherlock saving you

You open your apartment door and immediately freeze, something feeling very off. You look around, your heart beat slowing.  You stave off panic as you quietly walk into your apartment. You look to your desk and notice papers scattered about.
     Someone's been in your house. Or they still are.
     You swallow and back away right into someone. You whirl around and are about to scream when the man hits your head with his gun, and slams your apartment door shut. The burglar stands over you as you crumble to the floor, unconscious, a stream of blood trailing down the side of your face.

---

     Sherlock Holmes lifts his hand to your apartment door, preparing to knock, and then stills. His eyes trail to the door lock where scuffle marks are. His eyebrows draw and he kneels, his hand brushing over the indentations. He holds his breath and he quietly puts his hand on the door handle. He twists his and the door creaks open.
     He looks in and sees you, tied to a chair, gagged, and his heart stops. "Y/N." He breathes worriedly, his eyebrows furrowing at the blood running down the side of your face.
     A man steps in front of you and cocks his gun. You flinch, your eyes wide with fear.
     "Tell me where all your money is, missie. Or I swear I will put a bullet in your head, and then tear this place apart until I find your stash." The man menacingly hisses.
     You breathe heavily as the man roughly grabs your jaw and squeezes it tightly. Tears shine in your eyes.
     Sherlock takes this moment to silently slide into the room. Though you see him, you don't give any indication that you know it.
     "If you dare scream, your life ends here." The burglar hisses, starting to ungag you.
     Your breath quickens as Sherlock reaches into your umbrella stand and picks up a black umbrella. You remain emotionless as Sherlock silently walks up behind the man and raises the umbrella. You let a grin split across your face and the burglar stares at you in confusion, just as Sherlock brings the umbrella down over his head. The man's eyes roll into the back of his head and groan escapes his mouth just as he collapses on to the floor.
     Sherlock kicks the gun away and quickly unties you. "Oh, Sherlock." You whisper, tears in your eyes.
     Once you're free, you throw your arms around him. "Thank you so much. " You say. Sherlock awkwardly pats your back.

---

     The police come and take care everything, Sherlock basically tells them what happened, though half the time, no one can really keep up with what he is saying.
     Now you're sitting in your apartment alone with Sherlock. You're both silent.
     Sherlock sighs. "So, Y/N." He says.
     You look at him, your eyebrows raised. He takes a deep breath and your eyebrows draw.
     "You okay?" You ask.
     "What? Oh, yes, yes I'm fine." He answers. Sherlock stares at you and swallows. "I-I just..." He sighs and starts again. "When I saw you tied up in that chair, a gun pointed at your face, I was so worried for your life." He states. Your eyes widen in incredulity. "I realized how much I couldn't stand it if anything bad were to happen to you." He adds.
     "Oh, Sherlock." You breathe, a willowy smile on your lips. You reach over and cover his hand with yours. "That is the sweetest thing you have ever said to me." You say.
     Sherlock looks away, the slightest hue of pink on his cheeks.
     You pat his hand. "Thank you. Not only for saving my life and protecting me from the burglar, but for being my best friend." You state.
     Sherlock gives you one of his rare smiles. "You're welcome." He replies.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!