And, I was floating.

        Looking around me, I could see the bubbles leave my lips as I exhaled a slow breath. From every direction that I looked, no matter if it be north, south, east, west, up, or down, it was just crystal clear water. My hair flowed around me, seeming to be like a net to hold me close as I watched the light of the sun cast down from the surface, though I couldn't see a surface to be breached. But, I could hear the sounds of the Oracles starting to sing that haunting melody that I had heard before. But, instead of mournful, it was hopeful, and in a dark way, was slightly uplifting. My arms moved upwards, pushing the water out of the way, while my legs moved in an easy pattern like that of walking. Slowly and steadily, the bubbled would follow me upwards as I followed the sound of the Oracles, and those three words that seemed to be echoing around the ocean.

       Wake and Know...

       Looking around me, I could feel the air start to contract in my lungs, unable to breath as I swam upwards. Or was it downwards? There seemed to be no right or wrong in this space of ocean. No matter where  I went, I didn't know if it was the right direction. I needed help... someone to show me where to go in life. I couldn't do this on my own... I couldn't really do anything on my own. That wasn't the Eenack way.

        My arms started to stop moving, along with my legs, and I was soon floating once again in a world of water that was consuming me completely. I needed air, land, something to grasp onto to help me find my way!

        Kicking my legs once again, I could see the light slowly start away, leaving me in complete darkness, and anger. Closing my eyes tightly, I reached deep inside myself to find strength to give one last kick to push me to the surface.

       Reaching up, I kicked with the last bit of strength that I had, pushing me upwards to the sun. And, I could feel the thick texture of a vine that was being brought down to me in the water. Everything was darkened, but I knew the feeling. And, as I gripped it tightly, I could feel myself being lifted quickly out of the water, and close to the surface. The Oracles had stopped singing, and I could hear the distant sound of waves crashing on the beach.

       My head breached the surface of the water, and air filled my lungs once again, giving me a new sense of life. Opening my eyes, I wrapped myself around the vine with all my might, coughing slightly as I continued to engulf large gulps of air, trying to regain my shaking vision.

       But, as I looked up to see who I should thank for my rescue, I was only met with horror as Maketis held the vine and the branch of my Father in his other hand. Only, the branch was placed on fire, and he was smirking down at me, seeming to enjoy the thought of my pain.

        "No..." I whispered, trying to pull myself quickly up enough to the cliff that I was hanging off of. But, he simply shook his head as he let out a chuckle, only to bring the branch to the vine, allowing it to catch on fire.

       "Traitor." He growled out, just as the vine snapped, and my hand brushed against the side of the cliff. The air left me as I felt the full weight of my body return, and the wind starting to wrap me in its arms once again. All the while, Maketis looked down at me as the branch of my Father turned to ash.

       And just as the water wrapped its arms around me once again, I let out an ear piercing scream that would chill the dead to the bone.

_____

       A scream filled the air as I shot up in the bed, causing my ears to ring.