"Alright," he turned the screen on and a picture slowly faded into view.

"What is that?" I asked, looking at the little creature. It was one of the strangest things I'd ever seen.

Its body was smooth and looked moist with the sun glinting off its back. It had four small legs and a long tail.

The strangest part, however, was its head. Two salmon coloured protrusions were sticking out of creature's skull, one on each side. They looked like stunted feathers due to the growths they each had on both sides. It looked like hair.

"That is a mudpuppy," Billy said, advancing the picture to a close up of the strange feather like stalks.

"The odd protrusions on its head are actually external gills."

Realization struck me as I remembered a biology lesson.

"So that's what external gills are. I learned about the organs that different species use to breath in biology. I hadn't seen a picture of these before though."

Billy nodded, "When these animals swim, the water passes over them and they draw the oxygen out."

He switched the picture again. This time we were looking at one of the world's strangest animals. In my opinion anyway.

"It's a platypus!"

Billy chuckled, "That it is. Did you know that a male platypus has a poisonous spike in its leg to use for protection?" he asked, again changing the picture to one of the creature's leg.

"Really?"

He nodded, "The bigger the male, the more dangerous it is. Not due to the size, but because a bigger platypus can deliver more poison."

We went through more pictures of amazing species, some I'd never heard of. There were bioluminescent jellyfish and squid, strange hybrid animals like a liger and, to my surprise, a mule. Liz joined us as we looked at brightly coloured frogs. They were called poison dart frogs and they came in many different colours, from rich blue to bright red. It was all truly astounding.

Sam texted me saying that he was finished as Billy was putting his equipment away. He asked if I wanted to be picked up and I texted back a 'yes please' and the address.

Putting my phone away, I yawned and sat up, rubbing my eyes in an attempt to rid myself of the tired feeling that had fallen over me.

I looked around at the conversing family members and smiled.

"Sam's on his way now," I informed them, "Thank you for having me, and dinner and everything else."

Liz waved me off, "It was our pleasure, sweetheart. Come back anytime."

We all stood and I was surprised to receive a hug from each person, but I hugged back and said goodbye as Avery saw me out.

He stopped me at the door and pulled me into a tight embrace.

When he let go, I looked at him quizzically, but he simply rearranged his features into a smile and patted me on the back.

"I'll see you tomorrow in school buddy," he said.

I smiled and hugged him again.

"Thank you for everything."

We parted and I walked out to Sam's car.

When I slid into the warm interior,
I smiled as my boyfriend leaned in to kiss me.

"Hey, how was practice?"

"A right hell," he responded as he backed out of the driveway.

I laughed and we drove the rest of the way in a comfortable silence.

However, this feeling of serene calm was fleeting, as we found out upon pulling up in front of Sam's - or, rather, our house.

Two words were spray painted onto the garage door in angry, red letters; 'I Know!'

                                   «»  

A/N 

Okay, so! What did you think? Was it good enough to satisfy your need for LTLMOH? XD 

Me: OMG OMG OMG 

Sam: ffffudge!! You again? 

Me: Of course!

Justin: Just don't pay him any attention Sam

Me: -_- ignoring people is soooo not cool

Sam: Please! 

Me: *sticks out tongue and runs away*

Don't forget to

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

*flies away on a rainbow* 

Learning to Love My Other Half (werewolf)(boyxboy)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें