Family

Ever since the Siton family adopted me, I've essentially been a part of the family. I have had barely any trouble with them, and the small amount of difficulty there is can be repaired fairly quickly. Sure, I do have some stains in my memory here or there, but that goes the same for anything. I like to think of myself as being useful for them. Let me introduce you to everyone. They are the best family a seat could ask for.

The first one I met was the man of the house: Claus. He was the one that bought me, and has held on to me for seventeen years. He comes into the family room and sits on me, usually to read his magazines. He sometime watches this important thing he calls "the game." Every once in a while, a few other people about his weight join him to watch this "game."  This gathering is usually accompanied by a bunch of screaming.

After a "game" is done, there's usually another person whose name is Sophie; she comes to eliminate the uncomfortable crumbles the other people leave on me. Other times, she uses me to watch her own kind of "game," but with less screaming. She and Claus usually wait until later in the night to lay on me and talk about the day. I learn a lot from this session.

They usually talk about their kids, too. Sydney is the a-little-bit-lighter-than-Mom person. I met her when she was very light. She apparently goes to a school that's high, and other people from it sometimes come over to have their own kind of "game." Her friend Taka once said that I was the most comfy position for a slumber party (whatever that means).  I just go with it.

Then there's Rustin, who is the smallest of the family. I didn't know he existed until about six years after i was adopted. He must have just been made then. A lot of the time, he stays on me and does another type of "game" that he can control. He eats chips a lot, and I like to snag a couple of the pieces he leaves for me. Sophie calls this "dirtying behind the cushions" and makes it sound bad for some reason.

As for myself, well... I'm a couch. I never had a new real name for two decades. The store managers called me "Lightly Used Blue Mid-Century Modern." If it helps you identify me, I could come up with one right now if you want. Let's see... "Lightly Used..." or "LU" for short... which sounds like Lou. I have it! You can call me Lou. 

From what I've heard from the Sitons, I am a bluish sofa in fair condition. I have a few scratches on my arm from the family cat, Pillow. (The name is pretty coincidental to me, seeing as she likes to lay on the pillows that came along with me.) I have a little lever on me that extends my legs, and everyone likes to pull it. I have an unremovable stain on my left cushion. Or at least that what they say; I think it's baloney sandwich. Sydney ate a few when she was lighter, and some parts of them dropped. I'm more or less happy with my condition, but I'm glad to be me.

I would do anything to keep my fond memories with the family. One time, a smaller Rustin was playing with smaller Sydney, and I felt her picking up the flashcards to test Rustin's reading. I sometimes play a game of hot-and-cold with Claus where he needs to try and find his keys. It's fun, and I think he likes it too! Pillow likes to try and rip my material with her claws a lot, but I'm sure it's out of love. The few years at the store were okay, but not as fun as these last seventeen. I hope we'll stay as close as ever.