☾1 | Smoke

"Hey Scarlett, you should go to this place for coffee, they do the best mocha! It's called Young's." Sable, my associate, said.

    "Yeah why not? I've got lunch now, I'll go check it out." I think aloud, smiling to myself.

    After receiving the directions, I end up in the shady side of town. When I finally find the coffee shop I order my favorite drink, decaf mocha with whipped cream and extra chocolate and head out. Between walking out of the shop and drinking I somehow get lost. Walking down the unfamiliar street someone bumps in to me causing me to spill what's left of my half full drink down my white blouse, it sticks to my stomach and chest as it burns slightly. I shriek and turn to look at the person who is now running down a dark ally, squinting to myself as I shake my head at the stranger.

    "Well shit!" I cuss to myself. Where is the nearest building with toilets? I have to clean this off.

    About twenty minutes later I come across a tall glass building with geometric lookalike balcony's cut out from the main body of the building. On one of the very top balcony's stood a tall figure looking at the city beneath him, his fingers wound together as he looked deep in thought. From what I saw he had white hair and a lean figure, intriguing.. But before I could look farther, his eyes drifted down to my disheveled figure and I quickly looked away, finding solace underneath the small roof of the entrance while hoping they have restrooms so I can get rid of this ghastly stain.

    Opening the doors I'm greeted by crisp white floors and walls, all appearing to be acrylic as I stared at them in awe.

    "Hi, um, excuse me?" I ask the security guard.

    "How can I help, little lady?" He asks, letting his tough face look over in my direction as he folded his arms over one another.

    "I was hoping there was a bathroom here? Some jerk walked into me and made me spill my coffee on my blouse." I say quickly, a look of frustration on my face as I remembered the previous actions of the rude stranger.

    "There sure is for a pretty lady like you. It's on the top floor, last door on your right." He says pointing to the elevator, and I give him a kind smile as I thank him and walk to it entering.

    When the elevator dings signaling my arrival on the last floor as the guard instructed. I wait for the doors to open before walking out into a darkly lit hallway illuminated by dark red lights and turning right, rushing to get the sticky substance off as soon as possible. But before I get the chance to dart in the washroom, my figure collides with another, muscled body, making me yell in surprise.

    "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" I say looking down at the slight coffee stain imprinted on his stomach from where my chest hit. I rub my hand on the stain trying to remove it only to feel defined abs, making my cheeks blush slightly. To my demise I only make the stain worse, watching his shirt dampen darker the more I rub it.

    "Don't worry about it." He says in a deep raspy voice. Taking my wrists in his hands gently, he halts my rubbing actions, looking at my face.

    "I'm the owner of this building so I'll lead you to the bathroom, assuming that's where you want to go. Once your cleaned up we can go to my office to talk about your circumstance, okay?" He says, eyeing the large brown stain on my upper chest, making me understand an agree.

    "Alright, I'm terribly sorry again." I say looking down at his shirt again and frowning.

    "Don't worry about it." He says waving off my apology. "My office is just at the end of the hallway."