Chapter 3 Part 2

"Welcome Ali, I'm Joe, the one who sent you yesterday the email. I will be your supervisor during these next two months that you will be new here". He said very fast as if he was in a hurry. Then, without any pause, he invited me to follow him through one of the corridors.

Joe guided me for each hall and pointed at each door that we passed by, where we stopped for a few seconds to explain me what was that department responsible of. He didn't stop talking while I nodded breathless because of the speed we were walking. Suddenly, in the second floor, he decided to stop in front of a glass door which was the entry for a room made of the same material as its door. There, there was a huge meeting table with a few black chairs. We both entered to sit in the back of the room's chairs.

"Well, what do you think about this?"

"It's great, it is better than what I imagined it to be, although I really came with high hopes about this place." I said spontaneously without knowing what I could say. I didn't have much time to look around as we were going too fast.

"According to your presentation letter we asked you to fill before coming here, you are a real music lover. What is the best thing about it in your opinion?"

"Yes, I have always been passionate about it, and I think it has been this way because it has helped me to runaway from the world and focusing in the things I love. Moreover, thanks to some songs' lyrics I have achieved a lot of things in my life and probably if it wasn't for music I wouldn't be here, in Dublin, trying to reach my dream".

After a few more questions about my ambitions and abilities Joe concluded the meeting to continue with the visit and my introduction to my new job. First, he showed me how the card I was given worked, which was pretty easy, as I just had to pass the bar codes through sensors located near each door. Later, he guided me through an area full of double tables where there were about 20 people working. Each area was separated from the other by a thin iron kind of wall and was disposed of a last model computer, headphones and, a fridge with some beverages and chocolate bars!? I completely fell in love with this and I was already enjoying my new place even if I didn't start yet. There was also a shelf in the fridge to leave our food.

Next to me there was a young man who seemed the same age as me, who was typing non stop looking all the time at his computer screen with his headphones on. He was focused on his job so to not disturb him I sat down on my chair. Once I got comfortable, Joe appeared in front of me to explain me what I would have to do from then on:

"Your function is, with the rest of your colleagues in this table" He said pointing to the two girls who were sitting in front of me and to the man beside me. "Add new ideas to a serie of demos that will be sent to you by email. From fixing problems in the demo, or adding new sounds, even the lyrics or the tone of the melody. All of this will have to be sent by email at the same email name as the demos that will be sent to you, is everything clear?"

I nodded and, without even waiting, he disappeared from where he came, at the same speed as always getting lost through one of the rooms of the huge corridor of the second floor.