Chapter 1

A/N: so this is my first story. Hopefully you guys enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it! Don't forget to vote and comment :)

"Ziva it is suicide!" Said Malachi sternly.

Ziva took a deep breath and answered,

"It is what it is" and with that she took off. Malachi watched as Ziva took bold strides in the opposite direction. As she was walking all she could think of was her family. Not her real family but her adopted family. Gibbs, McGee, Abby and Tony. She couldn't believe Gibbs could just leave her in Israel. She felt betrayed but she knew to that day, that Gibbs had always been by her side.

She saw the military convoy ahead and took cover behind a stone wall. When the officers inside the vehicle turned their heads Ziva made her move. She walked along the side of the vehicle making sure the officers could not see her through the rear view mirror. To her advantage the officer's side window was open. She took a deep breath and took the male officer in a head lock. The other officer quickly reached for his gun.

"Pull out your weapon and he dies"

The officer removed his hand from the glove box and carefully placed his hands on the steering wheel. Ziva opened the door and pulled the officer she had in a head lock out of the vehicle and onto to the floor, breaking his neck in the process. She quickly sat in the passenger seat and jammed her gun into his ribs. The officer trembled at her touch.

"Take me to Saleem Ulman, now!"

The officer looked at Ziva's serious expression on her face and reluctantly started the vehicle. The whole drive they rode in silence. Once they finally arrived to Saleem's campsite she pulled the trigger. The officer laid dead on the steering wheel. As she got out of the vehicle she couldn't believe what she had become. *How could I have possibly become a ruthless, soulless killer?* she shook her head and tried not to think of her past life now, for this may be her last moments alive. She slowly walked passed a couple of soldiers that were playing cards. She had done many missions like this before but for some reason she felt quite nervous this time, like something was going to happen. She found a door and walked through, as she entered the room there stood before her a guard. He was just about to fire when she pulled out her knife and threw it at him with deadly accuracy piercing his heart. Before he could fall Ziva ran and grabbed him. Luckily, there was a closet full of cleaning utensils close by. She dragged the body towards the closet and closed the door once she had laid the body down. She grabbed her knife and gun and started heading towards the end of the corridor. As she got closer and closer to the end of the corridor 3 men walked out of a room and looked at her. They stood there for a minute almost as though they had seen a ghost then quickly pulled out their weapons. As they fired Ziva ran into a nearby room, firing her weapon whilst staggering to get away. She dived onto the floor and locked the door behind her. She sat against the door, breathing heavily. All of a sudden she felt an immense stinging feeling just above her hip. She automatically put her hand to her side and gasped a little in pain. She lifted up her shirt and carefully inspected her wound. A bullet had penetrated through her side. As she examined her wound she heard 3 loud thuds at the door. She could feel the door trying to be knocked down. Ziva took a deep breath, regained her composer and loaded her weapon. She could hear the door start to crack. As the door broke from its hinges Ziva commando rolled to face the soldiers again and fired 3 rounds; a rounds in each of the soldiers. All 3 soldiers collapsed to the floor. Ziva pulled herself to her feet and made her way out of the room and down the corridor. There was only one door at the end of the corridor. Ziva reloaded her weapon and kicked the door open. There he stood. The man she had came to kill. Saleem Ulman. She walked up behind him and pressed her gun against the back of his head. Saleem turned around to face Ziva.

"Hello Ziva, I was wandering how much longer you were going to take."

Ziva looked at Saleem confused and cocked her gun. Saleem slightly grinned at Ziva. She was getting frustrated. *why was he grinning at me? After all, he had a gun pointed at his face.*

"Any last words Saleem?"

Ziva put her finger on the trigger and slowly started pushing it. Saleem was smiling again.

"Why are you smiling?!"

All of a sudden Ziva felt a sharp blow to the back of her head. She fell to the floor holding her head in her hands, feeling what she believed to be blood streaming from her head. The last thing she saw before the lights went out was 6 soldiers and Saleem standing over her body laughing.