Nearly every Jedi had already left the briefing room when Anakin rushed in. Ahsoka and Obi-Wan were shutting off the holograms and electronic maps.

"Where were you?" Ahsoka asked.

"You missed the briefing report on the Outer Rim sieges," Obi-Wan said in greeting to Anakin.

"I'm sorry, I was held up. I have no excuse," Anakin said.

Obi-Wan nodded, used to it. Ahsoka smirked, remembering when Master Skywalker would reprimand her for being late, yet he was almost always late himself.

"In short, they are going very well," Ahsoka reported.

Obi-Wan delivered the rest of the information, "Saleucami has fallen, and Master Vos has moved his troops to Boz Pity."

"What's wrong then?" Anakin wondered, sensing their emotions.

Obi-Wan sighed, "the Senate is expected to vote more executive powers to the Chancellor today."

"Well, that can only mean less deliberating and more action. Is that bad? It will make it easier for us to end this war," Anakin reasoned.

"Master, be careful of your friend Palpatine," Ahsoka advised.

"Be careful of what?"

"He has requested your presence," Obi-Wan informed him.

Anakin looked puzzled, but also eager, "what for?"

"He would not say."

"He didn't inform the Jedi Council? That's unusual, isn't it?"

Ahsoka shook her head, "all of this is unusual."

"And it's making me feel uneasy," Obi-Wan interjected. "You're probably aware that relations between the Council and the Chancellor are stressed."

Anakin folded his arms, "I know the Council has grown wary of the Chancellor's powers. Aren't we all working together to save the Republic? Why all this distrust?"

Obi-Wan sighed, "the Force grows dark, Anakin, and we are all affected by it. Be wary of your feelings."

Ahsoka stood waiting outside the Jedi Council chamber with Anakin. "Master, should it be taking them this long?"

Anakin figeted, straightening his Jedi robes, "it isn't too unusual for them. But I'll admit, I'm starting to feel anxious."

"Well, I'm sure they weren't expecting it," Ahsoka reasoned. "The Chancellor appointed you his personal representative on the Jedi Council. They don't just accept it. And you know the tension between the Council and the Chancellor is growing every day. They don't just let someone outside of the Order control something like that."

"Yes, but—" The doors to the Council chamber slid open soundlessly, stopping Anakin. "There's our cue."

Together, Anakin and Ahsoka strode into the room and when they reached the center of the room, bowed before the Jedi Masters.

"Anakin Skywalker, we have approved your appointment to the Council as the Chancellor's personal representative." Mace Windu informed Ahsoka's former master, who smiled.

"I will do my best to uphold the principles of the Jedi Order," Anakin stated.

"Allow this appointment lightly," Yoda began, "the Council does not. Disturbing is this move by Chancellor Palpatine."

Anakin nodded, "I understand."

Mace spoke again, "you are on this council, but we do not grant you the rank of Master."