Best Friends or Lovers?💜

Comincia dall'inizio

So maybe they were just friends, but maybe they liked each other, too. There was no way to know for absolutely sure unless I could read both of their minds, which I couldn't. Even if I asked, they could TELL me there wasn't and be lying. Or not yet see it, and then realize their feelings once I ask. I could make it worse by trying to see if it was bad at all in the first place.

Eventually I moved to the couch. Overthinking as usual, I just lay on my back and stared at the ceiling, unable to stop my mind from racing and creating mental images that made me ache in every part of my body. That was how Thomas found me when came home that day. My hands were in the roots of my hair, my fists tight, trying to work out a headache. My eyes were squeezed close and my lips were pushed together so hard they were in a thin, blood-less white line. My ears were covered by my headphones, which blared music as I tried to blast away the troubling thoughts. I wanted to trust Thomas, I really did. Something in side of me burned though, and I just COULDN'T. I hated myself for it, because trust was essential in a relationship, and he'd never given me a reason to doubt before, but the fact was - I did. I doubted him. I didn't know why, but in the end, I did.

I didn't hear the "I'm home!" Or the, "Love?" When I didn't respond. Nor did i hear, "L- Oh, there you are...." Or his, "Are you okay?" Afterwards. All I heard was the laughter of Isabella and Thomas ringing in my ears, past my heart ramming in my chest and the music blaring in my ears. I didn't feel him sit down next to me, only the heart break of him leaving me, the tears running from my eyes down my face.

All of my senses were filled with these overwhelming worries I couldn't control. Thoughts and feelings that swirled in my head, making my heart shatter and race at the same time, my stomach twist, and my fist tighten past what I thought possible; Pain from my tight chest and my hands pulling too hard on my hair. Suddenly the chaos of my mind and body were interrupted as a cool, smooth surface touched my forehead and I gasped as my music was lifted away, off my ears. I opened my eyes to see a familiar pair of smooth brown ones, and my insides calmed and my heart stilled and the world seemed to freeze around us.

Thomas. My Thomas.

"What's wrong?" He asked so quietly my ears almost missed it, more used to the far too loud music that had filled them moments before.

"Do you love her?" I didn't even deny it. I came undone, finally giving up, looking at him with a vulnerable desperation that I could no longer conceal.

"Who?" Thomas asked, obviously very confused.

My lips trembled and he took my hands. "Isabella," I whispered even more quietly. My voice cracked. "Isabella Melling. D-do you love her?"

There was a long pause, and the longer it went, the farther my heart sank. "Why would you ask such a ridiculous question?" Thomas asked so gently that I almost felt my mood lift. "Of course not. I love you. That's why I'm with you, and not her." There was another pause as I looked away and he cocked an eyebrow. "Why do you think that?"

I exploded. "The nights you're with her for dinner, so late that I fall asleep. The lunches you two spend together, just the two of you. The breakfasts you miss with me so you can race off and have it with her instead. All the filming and all the shit about you two being together everywhere all the fucking time! All I hear about from anyone is how everyone thinks that we're old news and you're so into her and you can't be oblivious enough not to know all about it, but you do nothing to stop it! Pictures and pop ups on each other's fan base and I swear to God Thomas if you do want her instead of me then just say so because I can't take it anymore. Everyone thinks you two are the next best thing since sliced bread, and your fans haven't exactly been sending me hate but hell if they don't take any chance to point out that you two are SO into each other, and sooner or later they guess you'll leave me for her. So much points to you two having feelings for the other, and apparently everyone agrees with me." Thomas' eyes had gotten wider and wider the longer I'd ranted and were now so large they looked as if they were about to pop out of his skull. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I demanded. His face softened and he leaned close, pressing his lips against mine. I didn't know how to feel, but I simply kissed him back, and he held me close.

When he pulled away, his look was so intense and sincere that my breath caught in my throat and I all but held back a gasp I could only just contain. "I love you," he whispered.

My eyes watered and he pulled me close again. "Say it again," I whispered.

"I. Love. You.I don't care what anyone says. " He ran a hand through my hair. "I'll make more of an effort to spend time with you and stop all the chat, but I swear, I love you. I love you so much it hurts. God I wish I could tell you how much."

We lay there for a long time and then he pulled me up and we got me all cleaned up. And that was that. It was solved.

He kept his word, too. He loved me, and it was a long time before I ever doubted him again, but never like that first time. Every time I did doubt him he always noticed now and proved before it got too badly that he was mine, and I his.

So I guess we weren't a cliche story. Guys and girls COULD just be best friends. Never was I more glad about a fact than I was about this one.