Families and Discoveries

I just landed in Los Angeles. Me and the girl, who told me her name was Chandra, are now in a cab. She asked me to join her and her family for dinner since I helped her out. Me and Chandra have gotten to know each other pretty well in those couple of hours we were on the plane so i didn't object to the idea.

We pull up to the house and after Chandra insisted she pays the cab, I follow her into the home.

"Mama Sheila!"

"In the kitchen baby."

She practically runs to the kitchen and attacks the women with a hug. "Mama this is my friend heaven."

"Heaven Thomas?"

"Yes Ma'am."

"Well this should be interesting?"

"Pardon?"

"Never mind. It's good to have you over, any friend of my baby is a friend of mine."

"Where's my babies?" Chandra interrupts.

"They'll be here with Travis and....never mind they'll be here. Just help me set up." Me, Miss. Sheila, and Chandra start setting up the table. After we finish we take a seat and Miss. Sheila starts a conversation up.

"So I heard you used to date August Alsina?"

"What?!" Chandra spits out the water in her mouth and gives me a weird look.

"Girl you betta clean up that here water. Now shout your mouth and sit still."

"But mama.." Miss. Sheila gives her an evil look and Chandra stays quiet.

Miss. Sheila focuses her attention back on me me. "Well....yeah. He's a good guy. We decided to just remain friends."

"Mhmm...alright I won't pressure you anymore. Just don't let any man treat you wrong. You seem like a great young lady."

"Thank you ma'am."

"Call me mama. You look like you'll be around more." She winks and leaves the table.

Weird.

After Mama leaves, I try to talk to Chandra by she just sits their with a dumbfound expression.

I squint my eyes and stare at her, trying to figure out what she was smirking about. Before I can speak up and ask her what's so funny, the door slams open and I hear squealing. "Kay Kay, you better stop all that yelling."

"Mommy!" 3 little girls come in running towards us and jump on Chandra. A tall dark man comes after them with a baby in his arms. Followed by AUGUST!

"Heaven?"

I look at him in complete shock. "August, what are you doing here?"

"Nah. What you doing here?"

I stare at him still stunned.

"You know this pretty thang, aug?"

"Shut your biscuit head us up Travis." He grabs my hand and pulls me toward an empty room.

"what the fuck is this? Surprise August?" He smirks.

"Nah. I meet Chandra at the airport and she invited me here."