017.0

As much as shit I've endured through this year, I just wanted to end it. I couldn't comprehend why this was happening to me. Usually I'm always keeping my head above water, but damn, a nigga bound to drown. At this point, we said fuck it. No plan, we rolling on Suge. Only condition was that we had to do it right. We were on pins and needles, I was buggin' foreal!

On the flipside, that shit with Kuneka fucked everything up majorly. I didn't blame her for what happened, it wasn't her fault. If anything it was mine. I was unsure of what I did that made Nicole feel so insecure, but I wish I could go back and undo whatever it was. According to Nicole, our relationship was put to a halt completely. She had moved out completely, no trace that she was ever in my house. And to think a nigga's life couldn't get more depressing.

I found myself in a brief altercation with Kuneka's now ex fiance, as he was riled up about the magazine story. That told alot about him if he trusted the media before he trusted his own girl. Caine was male equivalent of Nicole, it seemed. Not only that, he was a punk bitch too. I informed him countless times that Kuneka and I didn't do anything, but he was so hung up on fighting me, I said what the hell. Kuneka put that to an immediate end, but surprised the both of us when she accidentally admitted that she slept with Eazy. The way the two acted around eachother, anyone could guess that something happened. But I knew Caine tripped the fuck out. From what I hear, Caine moved out, hence the fact that Kuneka bought the home.

Ever since then, Kuneka had been at Eazy's house more often. I was unsure if there was some type of relationship between them, but I'd have to make note to tell Kuneka to watch out. Eric wasn't the right one to fall in love with.

And at this point, Nicole stopped answering my calls. She knew it was me, I called her as if my life depended on it. I ain't tryna get soft or anything, but she was my life line, and she was trying to kill me. I found myself having sex with groupies just to get my mind off of her, but the shit didn't work.

It wasn't like I didn't love her anymore, so I couldn't fathom why she insisted on pushing me away. I told her the Suge thing would be over, what more did she want?

We had finally set the date for when we wanted to invade Deathrow Records: September 6th. It was about 16 days from now. We gave ourselves 2 weeks because Suge allowed D.O.C to come back instead of the both of us. We told D.O.C to scope out the place while he was working there, and inform us about what we were facing.

Suge didn't know that Eazy and D.O.C were cool, he had only assumed it was just me. I guess that's why he was let back in. At the moment, D.O.C and I acted as if we had beef. He went and told Suge that I was crazy to leave Deathrow, and other fake shit, just to reel Suge in and make him feel that he has a trustworthy client.

I knew it wasn't gonna be easy, but right now, we needed all we could get.

* * *
I had began to think that I was losing my best friend. Ever since I informed Khadijah the wedding was off, her and I haven't been talking as much. We'd issue a Hi or Hello if we'd seen eachother at work, but other than that it wasn't much to report.

Everytime I'd start a conversation she'd change the subject, or give really short responses. She didn't even come over as much anymore. I didn't know what it was, but I could tell something was wrong. She's my bestfriend, I knew she didn't think I wouldn't notice.

It's not like she couldn't escape me, she still worked in my department, she was still my nurse, and she worked in my assigned lab area. So ignoring me would take more effort than her actual job. I was just unsure of what I did. Maybe it was the wedding, I knew how bad she wanted it to happen. Or she's probably mad at how ungrateful and selfish I had been towards Caine.

Whatever it was, she had been mad about it for a good month. I had told her what happened literally right after it happened.

The only person who had been paying me any kind of attention was Eric. Him and I had became closer than ever, even if it was out of spite. Eric was everything Caine wasn't, that's why I chose to spend time with him. Most of our encounters had been intimate, and other times we'd just talk, because I felt like he was the only one who understood me. He made me feel validated as a person, Caine did too, but it was different this time. Eric's compassion for me was a new feeling, and I couldn't get enough of it.

It was funny, I used to never see Caine at work due to our different paths. But today, I did. He had only gave me a brief look then shook his head with a chuckle. I heard him mumble something which almost caused me to say something, but Keith had to stop me. Lucky for him, it was time for me to leave work.

I had decided to pop up at Eric's house since I had not been there in a few days. Work had me exhausted lately, so after work I would automatically go home. Eric had been practically begging me to come over, so tonight I said why not.

Upon arrival, I wasted no time in letting myself in. I was tired, and I just wanted to say hi before I went home. Knowing him, he'd plead for me to stay the night.

When I entered, his usual radiant lights were more calm, leaving a mysterious mood through the house. I rested my keys on the counter only to find a note from Eric's maid, she had reminded Eric that she would not be coming in tommorow. I rested the note back on the counter, and took off my shoes prior to heading upstairs. Eric must've been sleep, because he hadn't came out his room, or wherever he was.

Approaching the two white regal doors to his bedroom, I parted my lips to say his name, but I seemed to have lost my voice when I found a half naked Tomica straddling Eric as they kissed passionately on his bed.

They hadn't noticed me until I turned around with a gasp. I shrieked, "No, not this! Not me!" I had ran downstairs and heard my name being called. I also heard Tomica shout a chorus of curse words.

I simultaneously grabbed my shoes and keys and ran for the door until Eric grabbed me by the arm. "Kuneka, hold on, don't trip!"

I pulled away before saying, "You don't have to explain yourself, I should've known. I don't know what I was thinking."

Eric had just stared at me before I left, closing the door ever so gently.

I wanted to cry, but I couldn't. What was there to cry about? I had only sat in my car and absorbed what had just happened. That was Eric's girlfriend before I even came along, I couldn't blame him. I just couldn't stand the fact that he reeled me in like so. I had decided to call Khadijah, she was the only one that I could talk to.

I dug for my phone out my purse. Successfully fishing it out, I wasted no time in dialing her number. "Pick up, please," I whispered to myself.

"Hello?" Instead of the feminine soft voice I was accustomed to, it was a rather masculine voice I was too fond with.

"Caine?"

-

Kuneka's in some shit now y'all. Anyways, I've been doing some writing and I have drafts galore, but there's one in particular that I'd like to release. It's a Tupac story!! And I was kinda stuck cuz idk whether to release now, or after this story is done. Ill figure it out lol.

And im awfully late but rest in peace to the late Prince Rogers Nelson! You will remain forever in my heart.

Enjoy! <3