She hears it again. Footsteps. Or something of the sort. So once more, she freezes in place, and this time she distinctly hears someone (or something) quickly do the same, causing the leaves to rustle above her. Now, desperate to get away, she takes off in the first direction she sees, ducking through brush to try and ward off whatever's following her.

It's as if something's closing in on her. Maybe she's paranoid, or maybe she's actually being chased. Either way, she skids to a stop when she breaks through the trees and finds herself at the top of a steep hill. Running on adrenaline, she glances behind her once more before panicking. Moments later, her ankle gets caught on a rock, twisting her leg and sending her flying down the hill.

It's black as soon as her head hits the ground.

------

Raven's first encounter with Earth quickly goes downhill.

Under Abby's instruction, she's rehabilitated a small pod on the Ark. At first, Abby was supposed to go down by herself, but Raven coerced her way into tagging along. But when things took a turn, Raven faced the mission alone, sending herself hurdling towards Earth and praying with every cell in her body that she doesn't die a fiery death.

And then somehow, she's waking up to the pitter patter of something surrounding her. Her body aches, and she carefully reaches up to feel a gash on her forehead. But she's alive. And before she has a chance to do anything else, the door of the pod is opening and a blonde head of hair appears.

Before she knows it, her feet touch the ground and she can feel the light rain on her skin. It makes her reminiscent of the night on the Ark with Octavia, but her mind is quickly preoccupied when a familiar voice calls her name.

"Finn?"

And then she's running into his arms - filled with relief that he's still alive. And she kisses him. Because, well, Finn is her boyfriend. Kind of. He's just always been there. She's known him her whole life. It's easy to love him. It's safe.

But reunions are long forgotten as soon as Raven remembers the reason she's here. The radio. And when they realize it's gone, Raven, Clarke, and Finn are all pushing their way back through the woods in search of whoever's gotten to the pod before them.

It's only when Clarke mentions Octavia in casual conversation that Raven feels a jolt in her chest. Her eyes immediately turn to Finn, and the only thing she can do is push any feelings she has to the back of her mind. There are more important matters at hand.

------

Octavia's leg aches.

She doesn't know where she is. She awoke in some sort of cave, surrounded by primitive weapons and paintings of some sort. The dangers of Earth now seem too close for comfort.

But her wound has been cauterized, which confuses her. Whoever's trapped her here obviously went to great lengths to keep her alive. This only scares her even more. And so, with gritted teeth, she forces her way up to her feet and manages to escape, moving aside a collection of boulders and crawling her way to the surface.

Freedom doesn't last long, though. Not short after her grand escape, she's grabbed again. A hand is cupped tightly over her mouth and holds her to watch, wide eyed in fear, as a spear collides with Roma's chest – right where she would have been standing, if she hadn't been stopped.

And that's how she grows to trust the man who's saved her life. Only for a moment, though. Because suddenly, she's being taken right back to where she started – now with her hands chained together in the same cave she awoke in. No matter how much she begs for him to let her go, she can only watch as he ties the opposite end of the chain to the wall and disappears. Frustrated, tired, and scared for her life, Octavia can't fight back tears any longer.